Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DS7000 Questions  (Read 3084 times)

buckeyered

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
DS7000 Questions
« on: November 23, 2008, 09:03:28 PM »

I have an older system maybe 8 to 10 years old and I quite using it when I had a professional system
installed. I remember having issues with it remembering remotes and the recorded message so full of
static and noise that it was useless since nobody could here the message. I no longer have monitoring
service and I wanted to try to get this system working but I have some questions hopefully someone can
help with.
Did X10 make any improvements in the system sold today? The current model looks exactly the same as mine.
I now have a house full of fluorescent lighting so most of my lamp modules probably wont work but I need the
powerhorns to work in different parts of the house and if I can get a porch light to flash that would be a plus.
I have a remote chime from x10 can it be used in a carport to hear if the remote set the alarm?
Would I be better off getting a newer DS7000 if they made changes or should I try another budget system
like those on ebay?
Also can I use the hard wired contacts going into my panel and connect each one to the wires on the door sensors
so I don't have the sensors mounted on the doors but near my alarm panel instead saving me from having to install contacts
that I already have installed but hidden?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.