Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eagle Eye Sensors  (Read 14387 times)

rtwPhoenix

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Eagle Eye Sensors
« on: November 24, 2008, 09:44:14 AM »

Does anyone know how to use the Eagle Eye Sensors with the alarm system?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Eagle Eye Sensors
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 10:19:18 AM »

The EagleEye nor any other regular X10 motion sensor can be used with the DS7000 security system. Only the MS10A works because it uses a security code transmission and not a house/unit code signal.

paul n8xdq

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 05:19:24 PM »

RE eagle eye censors. I am using several eagle eye sensors with the DS-7000 consol. Try un hooking the wires from the DS-10A door/window magnetic reed switch and hooking them up to a set of normally closed contacts on a relay or other n/c device and use the DS-10A as an interface. It will generate a securety code to the DS-7000 whitch it will reconize. You must have some electrical knowlege on how circuits work befor you try this.  You can also hard wire several windows in one zone in series with several sets of magnetic reed switches and feed them into the DS-7000. Just remember you must use the MDS-10A as an interface so it will generate an acceptable securety code that the consol will reconize     Good Luck     I ment the DS-10A and not a MDS-10A  (TYPO ERROR)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 05:26:54 PM by paul n8xdq »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 07:09:15 PM »

I believe if the DS7000's House Code is the same as the regular motion sensors house code. It will tranceive the signals back to the power line.
Only the Security Sensors will work as security devices with the DS7000

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 07:12:10 PM »

....... I am using several eagle eye sensors with the DS-7000 consol. Try un hooking the wires from the DS-10A door/window magnetic reed switch and hooking them up to a set of normally closed contacts on a relay or other n/c device and use the DS-10A as an interface.

I think what your saying is: Hack the EagleEye so instead of the sensor sending a RF signal.... it would close the contacts on a (magnetic reed switch removed) DS10A - door window sensor. That would be quite a hack. Do you have a link to some instructions?

Wouldn't it be much simpler for the average guy to just let the EagleEye sensor send it's RF signal which could then trigger a Universal Module (UM506) which could trigger [open] the (magnetic reed switch removed) DS10A - door window sensor.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 08:30:57 PM »

Wouldn't it be much simpler for the average guy to just let the EagleEye sensor send it's RF signal which could then trigger a Universal Module (UM506) which could trigger [open] the (magnetic reed switch removed) DS10A - door window sensor.

This how I use my ActiveEye motion sensors to act as security sensors when no one is home. This way you only need the one DS10A. I also use ActiveHome Pro to control this so that when someone is home the ActiveEyes just control lights.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 10:38:05 PM »

I use the MS10A security motion sensors.... they work great for me. X10 offers the 5 for 1 deals on them... so they don't even cost much.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

paul n8xdq

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 04:17:25 PM »

The EagleEye nor any other regular X10 motion sensor can be used with the DS7000 security system. Only the MS10A works because it uses a security code transmission and not a house/unit code signal.

To Dave x-10      Dave there has been no hacking involved in using the DS-10A as a plc.  Its just common sense that if you have input you must have somekind of output. Dave I have been reparing, installing and servicing alarm ckts since mid 1960s in Detroit. I am retired now and like to play with the X-10 technology. Most of the X-10 is a novelty, not running the X-10 eqpt down the road, thier are unlimited possabilities for X-10 technoligies. Thier are many uses around the house for this stuff, every thing from moisture alatms to temprature alarms if you use the DS-10A as an interface(plc). You are not modifing or changing one thing on the 7000 panel. The 7000 panel also can be used as a fire alarm zone monitor with the DS10A used as an interface. Dave I appreciate your comment     Paul

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 06:22:25 PM »

paul n8xdq;
The DS10A as you have said can be used for many inputs to trigger the DS7000.
How are you using the Eagle Eye [MS14A] with a Security Console?

paul n8xdq

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 06:49:07 PM »

paul n8xdq;
The DS10A as you have said can be used for many inputs to trigger the DS7000.
How are you using the Eagle Eye [MS14A] with a Security Console?
Brian,  I have used the eagle eye by using its signal to an x -10 appliance module. When the appliance module picks up, it feeds line voltage from its recp to the coil of a Potter KRP11AG110 v0lt a/c relay mounted in an insulated box when the relay is energized it opens the normally closed contacts whitch are hooked up to the two wires that i have disconnected from the DS-10A reed switch. This sends a signal to the DS-7ooo consol and then it goes into alarm condition.     Paul
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 06:55:21 PM by paul n8xdq »

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 11:17:36 PM »

Just do a search for DS10A ModificationPuck created a great set up that will allow the Eagle Eye to trigger a modified DS10A.  While it might seem like a round about set-up, it is more sensitive to motion than the MS10A.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 10:03:17 AM »

Thanks for the added data.
I have seen Eagle Eye sensors used to trigger a Universal  module and its dry contact's trigger a DS-10A through its magnetic switch connections.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.