Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Helpful Tip  (Read 5013 times)

pcaboo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Helpful Tip
« on: November 26, 2008, 10:18:39 PM »

I've been fooling around with X10 for sometime. Recently I decided to give the wireless camera a go. I had alot of troubles as was reported on this forum. I would get 1 or 2 to work but I thought the reception was terrible. I changed my phone to a 5.8ghz, changed my wireless network, put noise filters in just about every electrical appliance. I then tried different receivers, tried a 7db gain omni directional antenna, all with the same results. I was ready to dump all of my cameras. But I gave it a last chance. I proceeded to check all the power supplies of the cameras and Ninja bases. Out of 8 cameras I found 2 power supplies that weren't working correctly. They were over powering every other power supply and ruining the reception of the cameras. I now have 7 cameras inside and outside my house all working perfectly. I would have never believed it with all the trouble I had. My house is 3000 sq feet. So if you're ready to throw the cameras out the window....check your power supplies!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Helpful Tip
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 06:24:50 AM »

One thing you must watch carefully is the power supply for a camera and the pan and tilt base are different and not to mix them up.
Where you powering the cameras from the Ninja Base?

pcaboo

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 01:18:13 PM »

I made sure each was powered with the correct power supply. I actually had 2 bad power supplies. I replaced each one with a different but correct power supply and my problems went away.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 02:36:47 PM »

Thanks for the update on the bad supplies.
Good thing to remember when there are camera or Ninja problems.

billfern

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 09:48:24 PM »

I have had similar issues, just once, but yes it was a bad power supply, just did not work.  When you say they were bad, how did you determine it?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.