Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows Mobile 5  (Read 23970 times)

gkamieneski

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Windows Mobile 5
« on: December 20, 2008, 12:09:30 PM »

Any news on running MyHouse Online on the Pocket PC running WM5?  I'm running IE so I would have thought it would work, but I get a black scrreen.

x10dude

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Windows Mobile 5
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 05:53:58 AM »

The AHP site uses an ActiveX control to give you the experience you get on your PC. ActiveX controls cannot run on Windows Mobile, even if you have IE. The version of IE in WM is very stripped down to ensure it can run in a small memory environment. A possibility for the X10 folks is to create an WM applet, which you can download and install directly onto your phone. I'd love to see something like that. I thought about doing myself, but with the X10 debugging I'm doing, I really don't feel like doing it anymore.

trol1374

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 06:03:57 PM »

I have windows mobile 6.1 on an HTC Touch pro PDA.    I just setup Tuiceman's PC Companion software.   I inputed my own floor plan, setup my devices.   I did change his lightbulb off graphic to red.   I then use realvnc on the PDA and log into my computer.   I run PC Companion and can see the status of my devices.  I can turn them off or on by simply tapping on the device.  You can also control your ninja pan/tilt base and go to the presets.
  You can also input text in the program and hit play and it will say that over the speakers.   
  Now, how cool is that?  All while away from the house.     Funny having the computer say something to the kids or wife and you not being there.    rofl

:)%

x10dude

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 10:53:28 PM »

Trol,

Does this mean that you've replaced AHP all together? Do you just use it to create/modify macros perhaps? I have a WM 6.1 smartphone (not PDA), but I've been trying my hardest not to move to a PDA because I think they're simply too bulky, but this might just do it for me - as much I have resisted.

Frank

trol1374

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 01:55:39 AM »

I still use AHP for macro's and timers.    PCC works with AHP and gives you additional features and functions that AHP doesn't have.   
   I mentioned using PCC because I like the floor plan look and quickly seeing/controlling the devices on each floor vs AHP and going room by room.   PCC has lots of functions I haven't even started touching.   PPC also has a function to view your camera's via the VA11 adapter, and it also controls the ninja. 
   My AH computer runs a dvr card/software for my camera's and it is one of those "on top" programs that only way to minimize is shut it down, which I was trying to prevent from doing everytime I wanted to remotely ck status or control something.  PCC has the option to be "pushed to top", meaning it will run on top of other programs.  So, it floats on top of my camera software and I can use it without having to shut down my cam software.   The reason I use that cam software vs others out there that allow you to minimize is that it provides software (cab file) that runs on a pda.  With that win mobile software, I can see my 4 camera's live (on one screen or one by one) OR I can select a previous date/time to look at recordings that were made from motion detection.  I didn't find any decent mobile pc software that had those functions.
  Having a pda is one of those neat gadget toys, so even if your at home you can use internet or your wireless home system and control things while anywhere around the house.  Or if away from home, you have complete access to your AH stuff.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 01:58:22 AM by trol1374 »

x10dude

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 02:40:58 AM »

Thanks for the details Trol.

Now I know exactly what you've done. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a VA11. When I ordered my cameras in january, they sent me the VA12, which requires the latest AHP, but it's so buggy, it won't even run for more than a day without crashing. That's why I was asking if you had done away with AHP. I've moved down to 3.228, but now I can't use the X10 cameras (no support for VA12). Also, the latest AHP doesn't work well with OnAlert, which is the my main reason for having the PC running 24/7 (i get text messages through OnAlert events).

I do agree that being able to remotely access the computer is appealing, but I also get concerned about security. Do you know what ports Logmein uses? I've heard that many P2P applications use logmein protocol and ports, which means that I'd be exposing my computer to a bunch of hackers trolling the internet for computers with those particular ports open.

Am I understanding correctly that you're not using the VA11 then? but instead, you're using a DVR card for the X10 cameras? or are these non-x10 cameras that you're referring to?

Personally, i ended up getting a 16 camera professional DVR, but unfortunately, there's no cab for WM or Java applet to use it from a cell phone..

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 10:52:00 AM »

x10dude
trol1374 isn't using Logmein but RealVNC which doesn't need the internet for home useage but allows the option to connect remotely. It turns your PC into the sever so you can specify any ports you wish for it to use. It allso has option to use Password you specify .
The free version has most options that a simple home user would need (including video) how ever there is a personal licence available for $30
I've used this Program for many years but just started using it with PCC (PC Companion)

PCC will work with other video capture devices, sadly not all  :'( (Windows limitation)
The VA12A is one I'm informed that fails to work :(
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 10:54:04 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

x10dude

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 03:57:32 PM »

oops! You're right Tuicemen.. I was thinking of another post when I replied. I will definitely look into RealVNC. It sounds like something I would be intersted in. I'll definitely add PCC also. Thanks!

You mention that PCC supports multiple video sources. I have a DVR that uses Java and a propietary app (AVTECH OEM'd) to see my cameras. Whenever I remotely connect to my AHP machine, the connection to the DVR machine is lost. Do you think it might work with my setup?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 04:35:54 PM »

x10dude I wish I could say for sure PCC will work with your setup.  :-[
All I can say is try it!
There is an uninstall included if it won't work for you! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

trol1374

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 10:56:52 PM »

X10dude,

I use 1 wireless x10 cam and two wired non x10 cameras that are connected to a 4 port dvr card in the computer.  One of the non x10 cam's is mounted on an x10 ninja base.   
   I tried 3 different dvr cards, trying to not have to get a standalone dvr machine to find all the options I wanted (remote access, email events, motion detection, and pda access w/ live or search recordings.  I ended up getting a card that runs ISIS TFS 0404 software and it offers all those functions that a standalone would offer, plus the pda.
  PCC runs on the computer and you don't need to have AHP running, just installed on the same computer.
  I don't use the va11 since I tried to split a cam video to it and the dvr card and they didn't play well together.  Tuiceman gave me a tip or two to try, which I will on my next days off and see if I can get it working.   I think in my case I don't really need it.  I do use PCC as mentioned earlier and the pda software to look at the videos.

x10dude

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 06:07:28 PM »

I'm now ready to try RealVNC from my HTC Fuze, but I can't find it anywhere. RealVNC's site says that the mobile version will not be available until Q2 '09 (soon, but i need it sooner).

trol1374 where did you get the mobile version from?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.