Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Software Problems Version 3.236  (Read 44542 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Software Problems Version 3.236
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 06:33:55 PM »

3.236 is BUGGY!!!!!.  Go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/ and get AHP version 3.204.  Install that over 3.236. Once it is installed, open AHP and make sure your timers and macros work properly.  Use the update link in AHP to update to 3.228.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

mainman134

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 12:56:43 PM »

i just installed my AHP software on my new pc with vista and i cannot get AHP to update. when i click on update it gives a message the AHP stopped running and is being shut down. What can i do to fix this?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 01:04:45 PM »

mainman134 if you are running 3.236 already there is no update!
there is however a new driver update(3.239) which among other things is geared towards Vista issues with AHP!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

stoney

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 03:52:46 PM »

Funny but I just spoke to an X10 Tech regarding a camera issue and was told that version 2.236 is NOT buggy as some claim. At least the technician claims to never have heard nor received any notification in that regard.

The tech also claimed there was no time to review the forum and that it was not in the job description to do so. All tech's do is to provide tech assistance, not to wade through forums looking for speculation or problems. Hmmm....

I clearly asked the tech, "So you are saying that the AHP version 2.236 is NOT buggy, has no problems of any kind and should work fine?"
The tech replied, "Absolutely...provided you Disabled any Anti-Virus / Anti-Spyware software BEFORE installing AHP, otherwise, remove AHP, disable any AV software and reinstall AHP and everything should work fine!"

There you have it! Another pearl of wisdom from someone who is getting paid to know these things! -:)

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 04:25:10 PM »

I suspect the X10 tech who replied does not read the Forums.  I personally found it to be buggy on a X10 system that has no plug-ins what so ever and 3.236 screwed up timers left and right.

Use the link I have posted elsewhere for downgrading to 3.204 and then upgrading to 3.228, the last good release of AHP. 

stoney

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 08:10:23 AM »

Dan,

Seems there is a bit of confusion. Boiler's test resulted and posted the following:

V3.236 Has taken away our ability to turn units on in unison.  I have also personally seen some very strange appliance module behavior when using timers (couldn't reproduce here).

V3.228 appears to be worse (really whacked).

1). Why then do you recommend people to go through the .204 > 228 route if it is indeed "really whacked"?

2). If one does revert to the .204 version then one will lose the Onalert module and perhaps some others.

3). Do a lot of users depend on or use in conjunction with the W800RF32 or W800USB devices for operation (reading) their MS10's / DS10's ?

4). I have to wonder is there is ANY communication / concern between the X10 people who are aware of the problems discussed in these forums compared to the programming supervisors / officials at X10 corporate (if such a thing exists)??

Thanks

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 10:29:46 AM »

3.228 is NOT "really whacked".   I use it (ZERO plug-ins, BTW don't want or need them) and I backdated to it because 3.236 screwed up timers at the worst possible time, Christmas!

Boiler

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 08:49:55 PM »

Hello Stoney,

With regard to both Dan's and my opinions of the various software versions, you need to put both of our comments in perspective.

My installation uses mostly Leviton HCM06 switches and dimmers.  These are very similar to the "new" WS467 and I use extended codes (i.e. the LM14a interface) exclusively. For this reason, I regard V3.228 as a step backward from V3.204.

I suspect that Dan has mostly older units and is interfacing them with the standard WS467 (and other) unit designations.  Aside from the "oddities" that I noted in my post, this works for him.

Neither Dan nor I are using the Onalert add on.  From my perspective, the additions to AHP to "fix" the Onalert add on wound up breaking the automation function.  You, on the other hand, may value the Onalert function.  If that's the case, you'll need to develop workarounds for the idiosyncrasies that I've noted (and others that I may not have found).

I'm really not using the AHP interface anymore.  If you feel you need to use the later AHP versions for their Onalert functionality, I'm sure your not alone.  Search the forum for relevant information - there are many very capable users that have most likely crossed this bridge already (and are far more up to date than I).

Boiler

stoney

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 10:22:17 PM »

Thank you both (and others) for your candidness and explanations. While I understand that there are different "flavors" (versions) that some prefer more than others, I guess it comes down to ultimately what works for each of us as we each have different expectations and different equipment and operational setups. What works great for me, might not necessarily work as well for the next person.

With this in mind, it sometimes becomes difficult to provide sound advice for the next person with a problematic situation. This forum however, does have a learned knowledge base of people with plenty of experience in X10, AHP and automation, that always seems to provide a workable solution in a very short time!

Kudos to the "old timers" and the rest of the helpful membership! - Thank you!!  :)%
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 10:19:07 PM by stoney »

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2009, 12:10:33 PM »

It's 3.236.  It's BUGGY!!!!   Go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/  and look for ahp_updt_204.exe.  Install that over  3.236.  When the install is complete, use the update link in AHP to update to 3.228.  Your timers and any macros will not be affected.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2009, 05:41:31 PM »

Easy.  Go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/  and look for ahp_updt_204.exe. Save that and run it, it will overlay 3.236 and not affect any timers or macros you have.  When the install of 3.204 is complete, open AHP and use the update link in AHP to update it to 2.228.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.