Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Siren application help  (Read 5955 times)

bobver

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Siren application help
« on: December 28, 2008, 07:16:00 PM »

Hi All,
I’m a newbie to home security stuff so please forgive my lack of knowledge of X10’s products and their application.  I have a 12VDC, 30-watt siren.  I also have a 30-watt 120VAC/12VDC wall module power supply to power the siren.  I would like to mount the siren outside of my garage next to a driveway floodlight   What X10 components would be required to activate the siren upon detection of motion in a room inside the house whose center is about 30 ft. (line-of-sight) from the floodlight?  I would like to be able to arm and disarm the system upon leaving and returning to the house.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

BobVer 

x10dude

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Siren application help
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:16:54 PM »

Bob,

Did you get an answer to this (probably off line)? I'd be interested in something similar. In looking at your requirements, I would think that getting a motion sensor (ActiveEye MS16A) tied to a wireless transceiver (TM751) should do the trick. Set up the ActiveEye (from what I understand, it works better than the EagleEye) to the same code as the transceiver. Then, plug the siren's power supply to the transceiver itself. As soon as the EagleEye detects motion, it would send an "on" signal to the transceiver, which at that point would act as an appliance module and activate whatever it's attached to this outlet.

I currently use an ActiveEye to turn on a flourescent lamp plugged into a transceiver when someone walks into a room. At the same time, through ActiveHome, I set up a timer to turn on/off the same light by sending on/off commands to the transceiver from within ActiveHome.

I haven't tried your scenario, but I hope it works.

Good luck,

Frank

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 08:27:04 PM »

Yeah but what's going to turn it off.  :o easy to turn on difficult to turn off unless you also use Active Home with one of those you could write a macro to turn it off, otherwise it will run indefinitely, or until you manually turn it off.

Tom j.

BVD

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 10:20:38 PM »

Yeah but what's going to turn it off.  :o easy to turn on difficult to turn off unless you also use Active Home with one of those you could write a macro to turn it off, otherwise it will run indefinitely, or until you manually turn it off.

Tom j.

Tom,
The delay on the motion detector will turn it off when it times out. On the Eagle Eye this delay is programmable on the motion sensor from 1 minute UP. When the detector no longer detect motion, the timer times out and the Eagle Eye sends an OFF command.

Bob

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 08:32:29 PM »

Tom j.

Tom,
The delay on the motion detector will turn it off when it times out. On the Eagle Eye this delay is programmable on the motion sensor from 1 minute UP. When the detector no longer detect motion, the timer times out and the Eagle Eye sends an OFF command.

Bob

OK I thought you were using a MS10a security motion detector if you're using a Eagle Eye you're right it will send an off command thought you were using a Protector Plus security system.  ;)

Tom j.

dellzip

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 10:50:56 PM »

Tom j.

Tom,

Bob

OK I thought you were using a MS10a security motion detector if you're using a Eagle Eye you're right it will send an off command thought you were using a Protector Plus security system.  ;)

Tom j.
Good one, thanks

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.