Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wireless cameras will not scan  (Read 4483 times)

dparnell

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Wireless cameras will not scan
« on: January 01, 2009, 03:06:46 PM »

So I had every thing working in my office and then moved the cameras to their final position and everything worked okay as it scanned around the house. I switched everything off and started the system back up today and now the system will not scan. I tried to manually switch the cameras on and off as I was getting the same image on all of them. I then got an error message of "run time error R605 pure virtual function call" and click okay and everything shuts down, not sure if this is related or not to the camera not scanning.

Any ideas greatfully received

???

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Wireless cameras will not scan
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 06:48:57 PM »

Hi dparnell,
For the next step to be taken we need a little more info consering your setup.
  • What type of cameras are you using.
  • What changed when you moved the system to the final setup, how was it different from the first time you tried it.
  • What type of X10 modules do you have in your setup.
  • What software are you using to see the camera in and what OS is on the computer and what type.
This and any information about your setup would help folks more in the forum to help you better get this problems solved

dparnell

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 08:30:38 PM »

Hi Babalou,

Answers to questions below

For the next step to be taken we need a little more info consering your setup.

What type of cameras are you using. XCAM2

What changed when you moved the system to the final setup, how was it different from the first time you tried it. I JUST MOVED THE CAMERAS FROM MY OFFICE TO DIFFER NT PARTS OF THE HOUSE

What type of X10 modules do you have in your setup.
4 X XCAM2
1 X TRANSCEIVER TM751
WIRELESS PC TRANSCEIVER CM19A
USB VIDEO CAPTURE ADAPTER VA11A
WIRELESS VIDEO RECEIVER VR36A

What software are you using to see the camera in and what OS is on the computer and what type.
VANGUARD AND MS VISTA

This and any information about your setup would help folks more in the forum to help you better get this problems solved

I HOPE THIS HELPS I AM NEW TO WIRELESS AND X10, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK OTHER QUESTIONS

Thanks to all who read

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 10:37:11 PM »

good start dparnell

For myself I have no experience with the CM19A, a little with Vanguard and no problem with rest but many other here to help. But never hurts to try.
  • Since you did have the system running with no problems from the office, would be worth considering putting it back and testing again to watch for similar results.
  • The error message is new to me, Have you had that error with any other programs on your system before. I assume nothing changed in any of your software settings or turning on firewalls or such.
  • Since you did have them working once and upon turning them on again it showed only one image on all cams. Is that image from the cam that is closest to he VR36A. Try relocating the receiver for better reception.
  • Since the cams were moved to their final location, did anything else move. did you relocate the TM751. Since the cams are now running from new outlets, they may be experiencing phase coupling problems.
  • You had them working well the first time in final location. The next time they showed the problem. In that period of time what laptop, cell phone or any signal suckers or noise maker you may have on or near any module you are using. These will do nothing but eat up your X10 signals the TM751 is trying to send to the cams. When they were near or all together in the office then a true feel of any problems with the system when it's installed, it will have to now contend with the real life scenario of the X10 daily battel to survive in the world of modern electronics.
  • Never cant say it enough times, Check and double check all settings, even the least likely possible chance of error must be checked

Go for it and play, don't loose hope, it worked once and we can believe it will live again. X10 is good at doing that. That's the fun side. Good luck and let us know what happens.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.