Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BVC & AHCMD combo question  (Read 9909 times)

BigDesert

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
BVC & AHCMD combo question
« on: January 02, 2009, 05:16:22 PM »

Just started using these tools, and like the way I can have BVC speak certain status messages based on the triggers it seems.

However, when I turn on or off a device with AHCMD, BVC doesn't pick up on the trigger.  Running AHCMD and BVC on the same machine.

Any ideas?  I'm calling AHCMD from a batch file -- if this can't be done...  is there a command line TTS that I can call from the batch file to announce specific phrases that I would otherwise program through BVC if I can't get that to work in conjunction with AHCMD?

D

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: BVC & AHCMD combo question
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 02:05:48 AM »

Just started using these tools, and like the way I can have BVC speak certain status messages based on the triggers it seems.

However, when I turn on or off a device with AHCMD, BVC doesn't pick up on the trigger.  Running AHCMD and BVC on the same machine.

Any ideas?  I'm calling AHCMD from a batch file -- if this can't be done...  is there a command line TTS that I can call from the batch file to announce specific phrases that I would otherwise program through BVC if I can't get that to work in conjunction with AHCMD?

D

Interesting.

I just did a test by creating a batch file containing just the following:
Code: [Select]
ahcmd sendplc b1 on

A BVC listener set to listen for B1 ON and Power Line Commands Only then speak a custom phrase worked perfectly.

More info please!

What version of AHP, Windows, etc. are you using?
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: BVC & AHCMD combo question
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 09:59:47 AM »

A lot of users have issues with AHCMD not working 100% of the time! ::) :'

BigDesert why not try X10wavplayer or PC Companion both will create TTS batch files that AHP can trigger even security modules can trigger via AHP(no extra PLC signals needed)!
The problem may not be AHCMD you don't say how your triggering the batch file. Are you using AHP to do this?
If so the Windows Command Bug in AHP may be causing it not to fire! and if that is the case even X10wavplayer or PC Companion batch files will fail!
However there is a work around for this Windows command bug!
You need to create a script which you use to start AHP every time. A how to do walk through is located at the link!
Since I've created my script start up I've never had a batch or exe windows command fail!
All programs will work nicely with BVC!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.