💬General Category > X10 Product Wish List

Transmitter that looks exactly like a normal light switch - on/off/dim - 1 addr

<< < (2/2)

Alan V:

--- Quote from: JeffVolp on January 09, 2009, 10:51:24 PM ---Actually, Leviton does make transmitters that look just like ordinary "Decora" light switches.  The one that looks exactly like a standard switch does ON/OFF (with true rocker action).  The one that does dimming includes two little arrows to ramp brightness up and down.  The only real difference from an ordinary light switch is that the throw is shorter and there isn't a positive "click" when the light turns on or off.

Jeff

--- End quote ---

Right, but it doesn't feel like a regular light switch. 

JeffVolp:

--- Quote from: Alan V on January 10, 2009, 03:17:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: JeffVolp on January 09, 2009, 10:51:24 PM --- The only real difference from an ordinary light switch is that the throw is shorter and there isn't a positive "click" when the light turns on or off.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Isn't that what I said?

Jeff

Alan V:

--- Quote from: JeffVolp on January 10, 2009, 05:20:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: Alan V on January 10, 2009, 03:17:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: JeffVolp on January 09, 2009, 10:51:24 PM --- The only real difference from an ordinary light switch is that the throw is shorter and there isn't a positive "click" when the light turns on or off.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Isn't that what I said?

Jeff

--- End quote ---
Esentially yes.  I guess I'm being just too picky.

sir_rob:
I appreciate the responses.

I have one regular switch that controls the top of two outlets (for controlling lamps etc.)   I just want to install an X10 switch that looks exactly like the existing switch.  I would replace the box and install a double gang box keeping the existing switch and putting the new one in.  Then I could control another outlet, or sets of outlets that share the same address.  I could even control additional appliance or lamp modules.  The elegance comes in the fact that my wife, and others visiting the home, would not know which switches are X10 because they would all look and act so similarly that it would not matter.  As it is now, I have to explain why the switches look and act differently.  Regarding the dimming questions, the switch does not even have to be able to dim.  The most critical part of the equation is that it looks like the other switches.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version