Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

I am trying to find out what is the best antenna mod (please only vote if it actually worked for you and you are happy with it).

F - Connector Mod
- 10 (45.5%)
Solder 9"+ wire to end
- 2 (9.1%)
Wrap wire on end and extend 9"
- 7 (31.8%)
Put telescoping attena over white antenna
- 3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Best CM15A Antenna Mod  (Read 21386 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Best CM15A Antenna Mod
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2009, 10:45:30 PM »

....the CM19A sends a RF signal to a transceiver, then the transceiver sends signal to cameras through PLC....that part works fine, prob is between the Motion Sensors and the CM19A

So the the motion sensors can reach the TM751. And your CM19A can reach the TM751. It's just the motion sensors can't reach the CM19A. Since you've already tried the antenna extention.... all you need to do is get the antenna to the same location (or very near) the TM751.

Sometimes just getting the device further away from the computer will help. If you have a USB extention... you might give it a try.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 09:02:17 AM »

jsnone1
Why not get a TM751 to experiment with? It will take the RF from the sensors and place it on the power line!
Yes there are better transceivers out there but this is the cheepest to experiment with!
You can place it as close to the sensors as needed (provided there is an outlet there)!
House construction varies so much that even foil backed insulation will stop RF signals from getting to your desired location!
A repeater may not be your best solution (depending on location of your sensors)!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 04:27:10 PM »

The latest TM751 units have an improved RF receiver in them in fact it is the same one as in the CM15A. Though with the longer antenna it is very good at distances or at least mine is.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.