Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: EZX10RF X10 all House Tranciever  (Read 5933 times)

bcondemi

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
EZX10RF X10 all House Tranciever
« on: January 19, 2009, 08:03:28 AM »

Can't seem to find any posting on this unit but it seems Isteon has come out with a tranciever that controlles x10 existing hardware, ie remotes, switches, modules etc...
Has a built in antenna and plugs in any outlet just like the cm15a. Seems more solid and most likely works better than the cm15a (although never tested it).
I little more pricey but I believe you get what you pay for. I figure if x10 doesn't come up with a new stable tranciever with a proper antenna, USB comminucation problems, battery problems etc...This unit may be a good alternative..

Anyone use this unit?

here's the linki..Not sure if I'm allowed to post it?

http://www.machomestore.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=150

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Re: EZX10RF X10 all House Tranciever
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 09:11:57 AM »

AHP stubbornly talks only to a cm15a. If this nice Insteon unit doesn't emulate the cm15a, then AHP won't use it at all.  :(
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 01:58:15 PM »

..... Seems more solid and most likely works better than the cm15a (

It's OK to post links to other Sites/products. This is a Community Forum of users helping users... not a sales-floor for X10. The CM15A does have a few faults... I've had to modifity mine's antenna's (it has two). I know some complain the software is chunky (or buggy)... and there are other 3rd party software. But to my knowledge the CM15A is still most advanced unit out there... and at just $50... it's hard to complain.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 04:19:51 PM »

I have one.

It is not a controller at all.

At most it only is a all Address [House and Unit Codes] transceiver. That can also map an X10 address to an Insteon device.
It also has to think for a short time before sending the signal back to to power line. I guess it is checking to see if the address is maped or not.

It can not be compared to a CM15A and AHP as it is 100% different and doesn't even have any connections for a computer to talk to it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 04:23:18 PM by Brian H »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 04:54:58 PM »

bcondemi,   FWIW.

I had Smarthomes 1132 controller and Smarthome Manager Plus software. A package similar to AHP and CM15A.

It worked sooooo well I dumped it within six months for Homeseer.  Smarthome Manager Plus would not perform functions the Smarthome catalog and web site claims it capable of. Even though I clearly explained to Customer Service this was a software issue, they still sent replacement unit after replacement unit trying to fix the problem. After writing letter to the President (Joe Dada) I finally talked to an engineer who, after testing their unit with my home control schedule, admitted the software had a bug, but Smarthome was not going to fix or patch the Smarthome Manager software, as all their engineering resources were committed to their new Insteon product line......

My point is, Smarthome has their own set of problems.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 09:03:24 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 06:35:17 PM »

dave w; I have one of those also. Smarthome also decided to not patch the software for the new Daylight Savings time changes.  :P. Users had to do a workaround. Basically had to mess with the time zones to get proper Sunrise and Sunset times. Again legacy product. No time to fix it.
Yes they do have Insteon Problems right now.

bcondemi

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 10:15:52 PM »

Definately not a complaint and agree cm15a is a great deal. $50 is a steal. However, saw the isteon unit and just asking if it works any better than cm15a since I seem to lose communication with it every 2 weeks or so. Just seems to do that. Anyway thanks for the responces

BC

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.