Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [WTB] X10-compatible Glass Break Sensors  (Read 39102 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: [WTB] X10-compatible Glass Break Sensors
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 07:49:39 PM »

contacts in the sensors are normally closed? What does that mean?
means attaching the sensor is like connecting the two wires together on the door/window module(disconecting them or opening them sets off the alarm)
I've just finished reading the directions! The window/door sensor actually have another wire inside it or do i have to get my own or cut the original to size from the window/door module?
The window/door module has two wire comming from it to the magnetic switch.
The wired glass break sensor has two wires comming from it also.
If you want Just the glass break sensor installed connectthe two wires from the module to the two wires from the sensor!
If you want a magnetic switch in combo attach one wire from the glass break to the magnetic switch and one to the module. Connect the other wire from the module to the free terminal on the magnetic switch! ;) :D ;D
In the link I posted the magnetic switches have no wires of there own! hence the extra wire! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mienhmario

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 08:26:42 PM »

Connect one wire from the glass break sensors to the magnet strip?You mean to the magnet sensor that is already connected to the module or the one that is not connected to the module? If it is to the one connected to the module, do i need to unscrew the bottom wire first before connecting it from the glass break sensor? Connect one wire to the module from the glass break sensors? How do you go about doing that? One wire from the module to the free terminal on the magnet sensor? You mean to the other magnet sensor since the one connected to the module is already full! I understand the link you gave me about installing the switch, but then you gave me these instructions which totally confused me. Also, The post you replied back with the link to installing a new switch with the window/door module you said ill be replacing one magnet sensor? How? Confusing!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 09:12:25 PM by mienhmario »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 09:08:24 PM »

Hope this helps (one glassbreak sensor & one magnetic sensor) ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mienhmario

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 09:15:50 PM »

So from the picture, i connect(twist) the purple wire and the red wire together on the left? I can still put my other magnet sensor side by side with the magnet sensor that is already connected with the window/door module?

nswint

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
    • Shiksa
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 09:23:28 PM »

* nswint spots a budding artíst in the forum

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 08:02:28 PM »

So from the picture, i connect(twist) the purple wire and the red wire together on the left?
Yes
I can still put my other magnet sensor side by side with the magnet sensor that is already connected with the window/door module?
Yes
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mienhmario

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 08:33:57 PM »

Thank you! You've helped me alot. Ill be back if i run into any trouble when installing these. Thanks again! I hope the moderator dont go deleting this topic because i think this can benefit others alot if they were in the market for glass breaking sensors with x10 products.

mienhmario

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2007, 09:31:10 PM »

Anybody know where i can get a noise glass breaking sensor? I found some sensors on ebay, but those work for only one glass pain. It doesnt really make sense to only work for one glass pain since there are two windows in one. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 02:49:32 PM »

Automatedoutlet has three:Which if any can be wired to the door/window I don't know! ;)
E-mail or call the manufacturers or the seller ;)
Doing a Google search for "Glass break sensors" may turn up more! ;)
If you find one that works for you please post how you've set it up!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

stuball

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 11:44:10 AM »

I have a question as to all this info posted here.  You say that the Sentrol 5150 will work when attached to a X10 door/window sensor.  Someone in this posting said you can use 1 x10 sensor for the door and THE SAME sensor for the window breakage.  How would that work?  The circuit would still be closed nullifying the window breakage sensor, right?

I think you would need 2 sensors.  One on the door/window for opening and the modified x10 sensor with the sentrol 5150 wired across it.

Am I right?

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 05:05:54 PM »

I have a question as to all this info posted here.  You say that the Sentrol 5150 will work when attached to a X10 door/window sensor.  Someone in this posting said you can use 1 x10 sensor for the door and THE SAME sensor for the window breakage.  How would that work?...
Both the door sensor and the glass break sensors are normally closed sensors that indicate an alert situation by opening the connection. So by wiring them in series either will open the circuit and trigger the alarm.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.