Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [WTB] GB10A Glass Break Sensor  (Read 26623 times)

Vandalized Victim

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
[WTB] GB10A Glass Break Sensor
« on: September 07, 2006, 03:12:49 PM »

Does anyone use this device before? ARe they good? Seems like X10 didn't carry it any more. Anyone knows why?

Thanks,
G

Vandalized Victim

Re: [WTB] GB10A Glass Break Sensor
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 03:13:54 PM »

Forgot to post this: Any substitue that works on DSC7000?

G

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 04:42:53 PM »

I have seen other messages asking about them. I think they are discontinued.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 05:35:09 PM »

Nope.

Here's the info on them:  The Glass Break Sensor works with any X10 Security System, including Protector Plus Voice Dialer and Monitor Plus. When placed on a glass window pane, it detects both the vibrations of breaking glass AND the high frequency sound that breaking glass makes. When detected, it sends a wireless radio frequency signal to the main console triggering the alarm. The dual detection ensures the Glass Break Sensor is not tricked by other noises. Also, a slide switch on the Glass Break Sensor lets you select the sensitivity. The sensor sends a "self-checking" transmission approximately every 90 minutes.

The GB10 is a an X10Pro item. Go to http://www.x10pro.com/ to look at or purchase them.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 09:05:52 PM »

Seems like X10 didn't carry it any more. Anyone knows why?

On the X10.com Home Page, in the upper right-hand corner, they were kind enough to provide a GOOGLE SEARCH BOX;D

Enter the X10 Part Number of the item that you're looking for, followed by " -x10community", such as:

SEARCH: "GB10A -x10community"

without the QUOTES, of course, CLICK on the SEARCH BOX icon and, if it exists, you'll get back a screen with a LINK or two...  :)

[If you're an experienced GOOGLE SEARCHER, you can go into the Advanced Search page and set any parameter(s) that you'd like.  ;) ]
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Vandalized Victim

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 03:14:14 PM »

Thanks guys for all your help. I've searched the X10pro web site and they carry the glass break sensor too. I believe it is a good device and hope X10 will reinstate this product line. The reason I'm anxiously looking for this product (or substitue) is my house has been vandalised three times in August. The last time was even worst that those drunk kids throwing rock to my front porch and broke all front windows. My night watch cameras only caught the movement (two cars and 4 kids) but no faces, no license plates so the police wouldn't take any action and just left me a statement number for my insurance claim. Did any one use the new Sentinel camera yet? What is the performance?

hostilejava

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
    • HostileJava
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 09:08:51 AM »

Where were you able to find it on the pro site?  I can't seem to locate it.

Vandalized Victim

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 10:51:53 AM »

Where were you able to find it on the pro site?  I can't seem to locate it.

I've checked with them this product has been discontinued and that's why I was asking any "substitute" in my earlier message and seems no luck.

Regards,
VV

vhoang

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
    • Automation Tips & Mini DLLs

hostilejava

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
    • HostileJava
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 02:15:41 PM »

vhoang, have you used these before?  I'm just curious how sensitive they are.  I want to put it in a relatively large, older window in my living room.  The window doesn't open or shut, but I am concerned about it being broken.  It does flex a bit when the wind blows and I'm wondering if that would set it off.

wormboy

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 11:32:39 PM »

G-
Check out Ebay for FGW-725s.  I bought some from there the other day.  They can be wired for X10 use, and are wireless.

Vandalized Victim

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 03:29:40 PM »

Thanks wormboy,

I try not to buy any more from ebay or anything not from a local store that I could touch and see and feel the merchandise, cause I've paypaled to an item (securidty product related) and the seller disappeared. I got the money back from Paypal but they docked me $25 out of $77 won item for so-called handling charges. I felt like being robbed. That's 32% for the money I've paid and didn't get anything. It's good moeny for ebay but not for the consumer like me. There's nothing you can do. You have no one to look for, you can't file a police report, you can't nail the bad guy, you can't even talk to a real person. I'm just another victim on the cyberspace on top of my vandalized house. Yes that's correct I stopped buying from X10 too since they shipped something else that I don't need. Even though when I complained they just answered me with out of stock so they sent something else without informing me prior to shipment whether I want it. Don't think about refund cause I need to pay for my own delivery charges plus their restocking fee, that equals out the items I paid for. I don't bother to send them back. But I like this forum, I've tried to log in everyday to learn something new for my existing gears and the stuff they shipped wrong. I can still use it.

VV

nswint

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
    • Shiksa
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 12:04:46 PM »

I think that this would be a good product to reinstate along with the Robodog Motion Sensor.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 08:55:20 PM »

Nope.

Here's the info on them:  The Glass Break Sensor works with any X10 Security System, including Protector Plus Voice Dialer and Monitor Plus. When placed on a glass window pane, it detects both the vibrations of breaking glass AND the high frequency sound that breaking glass makes. When detected, it sends a wireless radio frequency signal to the main console triggering the alarm. The dual detection ensures the Glass Break Sensor is not tricked by other noises. Also, a slide switch on the Glass Break Sensor lets you select the sensitivity. The sensor sends a "self-checking" transmission approximately every 90 minutes.

The GB10 is a an X10Pro item. Go to http://www.x10pro.com/ to look at or purchase them.

Say I thought these things just sensed vibration at least that's what I was told didn't think it detected any sound. Well anyway the nice thing about most glass break detectors is that they don't have to make physical contact with the glass that way one protector can cover an entire room opposed to having to go through the expence of placing a unit on every window in the house.

Tom j

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Glass Break Sensor
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 02:37:21 PM »

Someone said that just attaching this Sentrol across the SAME X10 door/window sensor would work.  I can't see how. 

Like this: (below).  As you can see it would not matter which switch you closed... the line remains broken if ether switch is open. Opening the switch (ether) triggers the DS10A (alarm).
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 02:40:04 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.