Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Auto On - 100's of times in a row  (Read 8754 times)

evianus

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Auto On - 100's of times in a row
« on: June 19, 2009, 09:45:06 AM »

This one has me absolutely nuts!

At random times (usually at night - nothing is on, we're sleeping), multiple lights come on by themselves at random in multiple rooms. I turn them off with an all-off signal and they immediately come back on. I can do this 100 times + consecutively in rapid fire....it's almost as though someone invisible is standing next to me sending an on signal as soon as I send an all-off signal.

I'm on a mountain....no neighbors with X-10 around. I have a phase coupler/repeater on the 220v circuit. Nothing else unusual.

I have read about the bleeder approach with a night light, but I can't believe that stray signals would occur 100's of times in a row for an extended period (one hour or more). This takes the shine off an otherwise wonderful system.

Thanks....Bob

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: Auto On - 100's of times in a row
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 10:01:44 AM »

I assume that your running AHP?  Have you looked in the activity monitor to see what is going on?  Does the activity monitor say "received"?  Let us know what version of AHP, Operating System and anything else that comes to mind.

Have you tried to clear the cm15 and reload?  Make sure your recycle bin in AHP is empty.  The more information that you can give us the better.  Are all of your remotes accounted for?  Do you have a pet that could have accidentally hit a button on a remote and then it got stuck?  Do you have motion sensors for your lights?  What kind of macros do you use for your lights. Just ideas.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »

Any Motion sensors in the system?
What brand and model is the repeater/coupler?

evianus

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 10:37:32 AM »

Hi Hawk...yes, running AHP v 3.236, Windows Vista(ugh), cleared memory and reloaded.

Got all kinds of bizarre activity in Activity Monitor: Receive for E16, H4, C11, I, J6, N8 G3, O10, K, D7, L9, B8,P6..no mention of On or Off....just listed with a letter and number with the word "Receive"...haven't got a clue. I am not using any other house code than A.

Can't find a Recycle Bin in AHP.

All remotes are accounted for.

I use two simple macros to turn on 3 lights in 2 different areas...on and dim to x%....they work fine, although these are the lights that are coming on randomly, but not exclusively....other non-macro lights come on randomly.

Pheeeeeeeeew!

evianus

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 10:46:39 AM »

Brian....The coupler/repeater is a 4826B and yes, there is one motion sensor for an outdoor light.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 11:11:23 AM »

Version 3.228 (AHP) will probably work better, but I'll leave it up to others here on the Forum to comment..........

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 11:49:09 AM »

As Jmac said the earlier version is where I would probably start.  Since your receiving all those codes I think I would try to troubleshoot starting with your repeater.  Anyway you can disconnect your repeater and see if things straighten up?

The latest version of AHP has a lot of bugs in it.  Most users revert back to 3.228 but if you just purchased AHP I don't know if you can go back that far and use your registration codes and be successful.  Maybe someone else can comment on that part.

Be advised that when a motion sensors battery is low it will automatically revert back to house code and unit code A1.  Also that each motion sensor actually sends out 2 house and unit codes, one for motion and the other for dusk and dawn.  Example:  motion sensor is set to A3 for motion and then it is set for A4 for dusk and dawn automatically.  So you need to skip a unit code when setting up your motion sensors or do one of the several mods to disable the dusk sensor.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 07:50:04 PM »

If possible to get. I would try the earlier AHP version.
Also if possible. I would try with the Smarthome 4826B disconnected. Some Repeaters can get into a X10 Signal firestorm. I know the Leviton HCA02 has been reported as a problem. I am trying to remember if my 4826B also was a problem. I now use an ACT CR134 with the "Repeat Known Repeated Signals" feature set to disabled.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 07:57:27 PM »

For all:  Here's the link you need:  http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/   

The version everybody that has 3.236 (the BUGGY Version), look for 3.204.   (3.228 is what you will end up after 3.204 is installed.)  It (3.228) does not exist in the X10 Software Repository, BTW.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 10:38:43 PM »

I also run Vista and reverted back to 3.228... The only problem I had was that I also have cameras in my set up with VA12A, and when I went back to 3.338 all I got was a "white" screen on my cameras. 3.228 must not recognize the VA12A. So I had to go back to the  B:( Buggy version.....

Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.