Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Glass Breakage Detection  (Read 4416 times)

stuball

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Glass Breakage Detection
« on: January 21, 2009, 12:13:10 PM »

Sorry all, I'm new here and replied instead of starting a new thread, so I apologize for posting 3 messages.

I was looking at the glass breakage messages, trying to figure to how I can protect my glass next to my front door.

I see someone said using a X10 door/window sensor with a Sentol 5150 glass breakage sensor.  Then I kept reading and saw someone else said you could use the SAME X10 door/window sensor and hook a Sentol across it.  Thereby using one sensor for open door and glass breakage.

As I see it, if that were the case, you would always have a closed circuit (providing the door/window is closed) and the glass breakage aspect would be nullified.

Am I right?  I think you need a dedicated open/closed door/window sensor AND a dedicated glass breakage sensor.

Thanks for you input, and again sorry for replying twice and posting once.

Stu

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Glass Breakage Detection
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 02:27:59 PM »

As I see it, if that were the case, you would always have a closed circuit (providing the door/window is closed) and the glass breakage aspect would be nullified.

The two sensors [switches] are wired in series [like the old-style Christmas lights] so if one [ether] is Off... all are Off. (or ... is it On?)
Home Automation is an always changing technology

originalevil

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • We could do some watercolors together. You and I.
Re: Glass Breakage Detection
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 09:23:01 PM »

Thanks for the helpful post info, guys! I snatched up a load of 5150s off eBay today to wire in with my DS10As.

At first, I was rolling my eyes because of the number of panes I had to cover, but I checked it out, anyway, and found a seller with almost exactly the number of units I needed for $5 a pop.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.