Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: problem with second camera  (Read 4180 times)

roperroper100

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
problem with second camera
« on: January 12, 2009, 09:23:04 PM »

Hi another newbie here my problem is I have two ninja base ZC15A with XC18A camera, am getting each one to show good by itself but when I plug the second camera in the picture starts overlapping each other and I can't see anything, I try switching from the remote but no luck the remote is controlling the two cam at the same time.
My remote is on code A the TM751 on A the power supply on A9 and A10 my video/audio receiver on channel A and the cameras too, I also have two WS467 and 3 socket rocket, the AHP interface with all the plugins my lights is working good can any one help please, Thanks in advance >*<

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: problem with second camera
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 06:58:32 AM »

The camera addressable power supplies are in groups of four. A9 and A10 are in the same group. By default the cameras are on so when first power up they will step on each other; but when you send lets say a A9 on the A10 camera should turn off. Sounds like your powerline signal is not getting to the camera power supplies. If two are on both Ninja Bases will follow the pan and tilt remote and the pictures will overlap as you have seen.
It is possible both the CM15A and the TM751 are both receiving the RF on off commands and stepping on each other. In the AHP software do you know if the A House Code is being tranceived. Maybe as a short test. Disconnect the TM751 and see what happens. Also try one camera powered up and see if you can turn it on and off. Then try the other one alone and see if you can turn it on and off. That will see if both are not receiving the line signal or only one of the two have a signal problem.
Then we maybe able to find a solution.
Do you have any phase coupling in your setup?

roperroper100

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 03:24:11 PM »

Hi Brian thanks for the Ideas

The cameras are hookup to my TV but am going to hook them on my PC soon, I tested the both cams by themself and they both work good when I use the remote the AHP shows me that the cams switch good but not on the TV they just overlap and the last cam picture stays on I think the both of them are not receiving the line signals as you said I'll need a phase coupler can you recommend a good one for me. thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 06:15:27 PM »

Do you want a hard wired in one or plug into maybe a dryer outlet?
Many here use the XTBII as it blasts signals all over the place and couples between the phases. It is an active device.
http://jvde.us//xtb/XTB-IIR_description.htm

Great set of troubleshooting data here also:
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.