Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DS7000, voice dialer not working  (Read 37341 times)

akwebb

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
DS7000, voice dialer not working
« on: January 25, 2009, 04:08:07 PM »

Just set the system up and everything is working great in my home...EXCEPT the voice dialer.  Now this is probably the problem, but I have a magicjack(cheap voip phone service) that I use for my home service (i don't use my home phone at all).  The dialer is directly connected to the magicjack.  When I activate the alarm, it will stop the alarm and dial out, but watching the number it dials on my computer screen, it will dial 0.  Any clue on this?  This is the step to program the numbers.  Switch to INSTALL, PROGRAM, dial my area code&number, MEMORY, 1...PROGRAM, dial my area code and number, MEMORY 2...etc...  Am I missing something, or is it the magicjack?

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
Re: DS7000, voice dialer not working
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 09:19:55 AM »

:' I was also wondering about this... I have just ordered my security system (still waiting on it). But we have MagicJack and was wondering if it was going to work with the DS7000.............
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

akwebb

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 09:17:18 PM »

It appears it really doesn't want to work.  I've beat my head against the wall many many times.  I don't know if it is the dialer or magicjack, but sometimes it will dial 0, sometimes it padded the end of my number with 00 and made my number an international number.  This only has happened twice, and now I'm stuck with it dialing 0 always.  When I pick up my phone during dialing, I hear it dialing the proper number, but it only registers 0.  UH

Kramer Chins

• Kramer Chins
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 05:34:50 AM »

Try going here http://www.bdshost.com/ac/ and see if  you can get any help.... I'm new to here and all this X10 stuff. But I was invited to this chat/forum and it really helped out!!! The guys are great and very helpful.....

Good Luck

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 06:58:40 AM »

.... I don't know if it is the dialer or magicjack, but sometimes it will dial 0, sometimes it padded the end of my number with 00 and made my number an international number

The DS7000 shouldn't be adding any zeros... at ether end of the number. It could be the zero was bumped... and is stuck in the memory. I would remove the 9 volt battery and unplug the console for a couple hours [to make sure all memory is lost]. Then re-program the console following the manuals directions carefully.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

akwebb

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 06:07:10 PM »

I wasn't a 100% certain this would work with MagicJack, but there is so much else that I can't seem to get going as well.  When trying to setup (what I thought) was a simple macro to email, I can't even get that to work!  I've tried Phone Dialer, but there is no support for a usb port, only modems (not a surprise).  I also setup X10Dispatcher, and I love  how there are many advanced controls in it, however, none seem to want to work for me:)  I'm a relatively computer savvy person, however, don't do much programming, but this is a truly amazing (sarcastically) program.  I thought I knew what I was getting to, a relatively imperfect system with limitations, but I really have to give you guys a hand that have been dealing with this for years and helping all of us complainers >!

HA Dave

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 06:51:56 PM »

...........  I really have to give you guys a hand that have been dealing with this for years

Hang in there... it should all work out. Rarely does someone who doesn't give up not find a resolution.

davideinmd

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 05:15:35 AM »

I, too, have had this problem with MagicJack. 0's and all. I have been working diligently to find a workaround. At first I thought it was the dialer so I returned it for a new one, but that wasn't the trouble. For now my dialer is just a noisemaker. I hope we can come to a solution to this problem. Maybe some of the ol' timers have a suggestion for us?

Kramer Chins

• Kramer Chins
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 09:43:45 AM »

Is it necessary to have the phone line hooked up to the DS7000 in order for it to work?

Basically can you still use the system and all it's features (besides Voice Dial) without hooking up phone line??

HA Dave

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 01:47:43 PM »

Is it necessary to have the phone line hooked up to the DS7000 in order for it to work? Basically can you still use the system and all it's features (besides Voice Dial) without hooking up phone line??

Yeah... it will work fine with or without a phone line or programed phone number.

akwebb

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 02:05:49 PM »

I tried to use the app control in X10dispatcher to run magicjack through that route, however, the way magicjack is programmed it appears you can't acquire the button command ID's.  If anyone has an idea of a way to find this info would be helpful.  Sorry for what is turning into a double post here, I also am posting very similar info under AHP General and will continue to post there.  Thanks!

davideinmd

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 05:55:32 AM »

In doing some testing I found that AlertDialer will dial correctly through my voice modem through the MagicJack (although I can't get the message to play) but I can't seem to figure out how to get the AlertDialer to dial when the DS7000 alarm goes off. I have the full AHP package as well but I can't seem to figure a way to incorporate that without making a macro for every single sensor (many) in my house. There has to be a way to tie all this together and make it work.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 05:59:42 AM by davideinmd »

davideinmd

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 09:57:12 AM »

I have appealed to the unofficial MagicJack forum to help us with our problem. If I get any info I will post it. Till then, we will use our noisemakers and have fun automating our homes.

Torques

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 01:39:46 PM »

I have the same problem, dialer dials like one or two zero's. Does anyone know how to fix this? I believe I read somewhere that maybe a dsl filter (I have Cox broadband) might work? Is that possibly the issue, a noise issue? Otherwise magicjack is superior, it works flawlessly for me on normal calls. I don't have a land line, MagicJack is the only phone I have besides my cell. Thanks in advance for any help.

davideinmd

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 08:34:00 AM »

I have tried two different brands of DSL noise filters. Neither have been the solution for me. I am able to get a fax machine to dial on the magicjack and using alertdial I can get it to dial out through a voice modem. But I just can't get the console dialer to dial out on the magic jack. I was unable to get a valid response from anyone on the 'Unofficial MagicJack Forum' website. I am working diligantly though to find an answer and I will keep posting here till we get an answer.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.