Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BVC Custom Phrase  (Read 14411 times)

cjc5602

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
BVC Custom Phrase
« on: January 26, 2009, 11:12:34 AM »

In the speak custom phrase line i know how to get it to speak random sentences but how do you get it to pause
example, (Hello............What now!). If i add periods it will say Hello period,period,period what now. How does it pause

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: BVC Custom Phrase
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 11:32:47 AM »

I seem to remember "commas" for delays........

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 12:35:28 PM »

If i add periods it will say Hello period,period,period what now. How does it pause

I use periods myself, however commas [I believe] also work. In your speech setup... you should be able to change the setting so it doesn't speak punctuation's. My setup doesn't speak the periods.

There are many interesting areas of speech recognition and Speech synthesis. But for me.. the most interesting part was learning to except the computer voice. I use a voice named Kate16 (although I actually use the 8 bit version of the 16 bit voice). I think she sounds very similar to Seven of Nine. My Kate doesn't say everything "perfectly". Meaning... she doesn't sound completely human. Even though Kate is a quality American voice there are signs that she is computer generated.

People have commented: Shes a computer voice... not a recorded one... right.

At first I experimented with speaker size... and would change words I didn't think Kate said just right. But it didn't take me long to except Kate for who (er.. what) she is. The voice is like a family member... who warns us if something needs our attention.. or informs us as to what is happening around us. The funny little quirks she has... is just part of Kate's personally.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

cjc5602

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 02:09:49 PM »

thanks for the info. by the way         ya speaking of seven of nine, can we get the face to go with the voice preferably waist up in HD 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 02:45:11 PM »

thanks for the info. by the way         ya speaking of seven of nine, can we get the face to go with the voice preferably waist up in HD 
Not a problem if you draw it!  rofl
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 05:05:50 PM »

... speaking of seven of nine, can we get the face to go with the voice

Sometime ago... using both an older version of BVC.. AND Tuicemen's "Operator Face set" I used a video sender/receiver to broadcast "Kate" to what was then my TV.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 12:13:07 AM »

In the speak custom phrase line i know how to get it to speak random sentences but how do you get it to pause
example, (Hello............What now!). If i add periods it will say Hello period,period,period what now. How does it pause

You can insert a pause using elipses (3 periods in a row) make sure there is a space before and after each set of 3 periods.

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

HA Dave

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 05:27:11 AM »

You can insert a pause using elipses (3 periods in a row) make sure there is a space before and after each set of 3 periods.

Wow... I would have thought I might have noticed that.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 08:16:51 AM »

>!

Actualy this won't work for me on this XP machine or in Windows 7 how ever a comma (,) does!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.