Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Get Rid of the Chat Room  (Read 4291 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Get Rid of the Chat Room
« on: December 08, 2008, 04:25:10 PM »

It's time to delete the Chat Room.  It's no longer an X10 specific chat room, it's now a generic chat room.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Get Rid of the Chat Room
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 04:34:03 PM »

It looks like someone is working on the chat plug-in! ::) :'
I suggested just pointing to KDRs chat room as All the regulars use it And you can usualy find some one on it!
The Community Organizers from here moderate it so the people there do Know what they're talking about!
(most of the time  rofl )
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 05:37:25 PM »

The couple of times I've clicked on the link, the Chat Room is never used.   That's why I think it should be eliminated.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 11:12:11 AM »

I'm bringing this topic back to life.

It's now January 28, I get on the Community Forums almost daily and NOBODY  is ever in the Chat Room.  Since it's no longer an X10 room, it's time to remove it unless AlienDev, our new X10 man who has a real interest in improving the Forums decides to keep it.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 03:45:55 PM »

NOBODY  is ever in the Chat Room. 

I don't know Dan. Back before X10 had a working chatroom... KDR saw the need and opened his Home Automation Chat. Many of us regulars from here are there regularly... some of us are there nearly every evening.

Over the last couple years we've helped dozens of people in real-time. Made some good on-line friends, and had a hoot doing both. I think it might be worth the tiny investment to have a working chatroom like that.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dellzip

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 04:52:20 PM »

It's time to delete the Chat Room.  It's no longer an X10 specific chat room, it's now a generic chat room.
I agree...

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 09:11:42 PM »

I wonder if KDR and AlienDev, our new X10 man who has a real interest in improving the Forums could get together to make a new, improved X10 Forum Chat board.  That's gotta be better than the generic one we have now.

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 08:52:58 AM »

KDR has not been around in awhile and I hope he is feeling well

All are welcome to KDR's chat now. There is a group of us there every night talking Automation and what ever else comes up in the day!!

Here's the link just sign up and come chat.
http://www.bdshost.com/ac/
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 12:05:39 PM »

I wonder if KDR and AlienDev, our new X10 man who has a real interest in improving the Forums could get together to make a new, improved X10 Forum Chat board.  That's gotta be better than the generic one we have now.
I actually put forth the idea that the Form Chat Just link to  Home Automation Chat that way X10 doesn't to need to look after it!
Most of the COs and EAs here already monitor it!
One Tip: If/when you sign up use your same Username as here that way everyone will know who you are! ;)
Some of the Guys there are very quick at supplying links to forum posts with helpful info!
>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 12:15:08 PM »

...Back before X10 had a working chatroom... KDR saw the need and opened his Home Automation Chat. Many of us regulars from here are there regularly...
...Over the last couple years we've helped dozens of people in real-time. Made some good on-line friends, and had a hoot doing both. I think it might be worth the tiny investment to have a working chatroom like that.
I agree. There could be a place for a dedicated support chat room with the priority of being for home automation support. It would need to be clearly understood that it was a user to user support chat room and not an X10 company support room unless X10 did decide to monitor and provide support there. Possibly with a click though disclaimer.

It would then free up KDR's chat room for us to continue our alien invasion plans. Oops... Sorry didn't mean to let that slip. Please don't take away my powers. I promise to not to say anything else about it.  rofl
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.