Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CFL lighting control  (Read 5672 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: CFL lighting control
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 12:21:07 PM »

How do LED's behave with X -10 control?  I'm assuming you also have to use appliance modules to control them?  What advantages over CFL's do you see with them?  Most I've seen are quite directional and color rendition wasn't great.  They do come on very rapidly from what I've seen.

Just to weigh in on this LED / Appliance Module discussion.

I have LED puck lights (switching wall wart driven),  LED ropes, three line driven 5W Cree or Luxeon spot lights,  and a couple multi LED PAR 20 bulbs.

I can only use an Appliance Module on the wall wart pucks. All of the other listed LED styles refuse to extinguish when the App Module  is OFF. The leakage current through the module is more than sufficient to keep the other LED lights lit all the time.
I,  like Dave X10, use Socket Rockets for everything else and they work well, even though X10 recommends "incandescent bulbs only" be used in Socket Rockets.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 08:08:54 PM »

I use CFLs in Socket Rockets but one, and that one has a AM466 with a night light in a cube tap that is plugged into the module.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Msradell

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 08:44:51 PM »

I use CFLs in Socket Rockets but one, and that one has a AM466 with a night light in a cube tap that is plugged into the module.
I'm assuming it's an old style AM466 considering the new ones are not supposed to require that kind of arrangement?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 08:32:02 AM »

Apparently, the "CFL Friendly Appliance Module" is more hype than promise.   X10 makes major changes to modules and doesn't change the part numbers, so we have to resort to various ways to find out what you have.

Somebody at X10 needs to beaten with a switch iron for that decision.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.