Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dazzle Video Capture Device  (Read 14681 times)

Palmer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Dazzle Video Capture Device
« on: February 07, 2009, 03:52:44 AM »

I could not get Va11a to work I am using Vista. AHP is 3.236 with all plug-ins . I had a Dazzle capture adapter so I pluged it in and it worked. I can view a
 cam in image viewer of I Watchout but if I record it I can not view it in the media section of Ahp. The picture is just a green blob you can just tell it has an image under the green. I wonder if this is because I am using the Dazzle capture device or if it is a problem with the IWatchout plug-in? If any one can help with this I would be thankfull

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Dazzle Video Capture Device
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 07:34:00 AM »

I could not get Va11a to work I am using Vista. AHP is 3.236 with all plug-ins . ................  If any one can help with this I would be thankfull

I am surprised you can get an image throught the Dazzle. There is a thread about the original VA11A and Vista.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dellzip

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 09:52:58 AM »

I could not get Va11a to work I am using Vista. AHP is 3.236 with all plug-ins . I had a Dazzle capture adapter so I pluged it in and it worked. I can view a
 cam in image viewer of I Watchout but if I record it I can not view it in the media section of Ahp. The picture is just a green blob you can just tell it has an image under the green. I wonder if this is because I am using the Dazzle capture device or if it is a problem with the IWatchout plug-in? If any one can help with this I would be thankfull
I was going to try this out but not to sure now...

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 10:26:27 AM »

... I was going to try this out but not to sure now...

I wish I could be more helpful... maybe if you followed the link and posted there.

I regularly troll the old posts and look for threads that went UN-replied to. Palmer's post had drifted out there with no reply for a week. My reply simply brought it back to the top of the reading stack... sorta to speak. But all I could do was add the link... I have no real knowledge of the Va11a.

I think I may order the video adapter today. I know far too little about that part of X10. Thank you (both) for inspiring me to learn.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10Ben

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 09:44:40 AM »

I had the same problem with the Dazzle... FYI the Dazzle worked great in other security/cam software like Blue Iris and Webcam 7.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.