Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: power house ps561  (Read 9437 times)

timaboss

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
power house ps561
« on: February 07, 2009, 11:52:48 AM »

I have the powerhouse console set to run2 so i get the tone when a door is opened.  If I leave a door open I get the tone about once an hour without another door being opened.  Is there a way to bypass a door without setting the alarm?  I want to be notified only if another door is opened.
Thanks.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: power house ps561
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 12:50:11 PM »

Is there a way to bypass a door without setting the alarm?  I want to be notified only if another door is opened..

Hold the bypass button down on the console while arming.

timaboss

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 12:57:07 PM »

I dont want to set the alarm.  When i am sitting outside and the patio door is open, I only want to hear the tone if a different door is opened.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 02:56:42 PM »

Sorry about that... mis-read your question. Unfortunately there is no way of ignoring a single zone short of reprogramming without that one; which is not a very practical method.

Another option would be attach a spare magnet to the open door's sensor; then the console will not chime for it ever hour, since it would think it's closed.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 03:16:24 PM »

If the idea is to have a smoke on the patio... yet still keep an ear-out for the chime (so a kid doesn't slip away)... there are solutions.

The X10 alarm console is also a transceiver. So you could put a regular (NON security) "eye" sensor at the front door. Putting a eye-motion sensor between a door and storm door can be very handy. Opening ether door would allow the sensor to see the person doing the opening and trigger a House/Unit code On. Since there isn't really any limit on the number of units set on one code... you could have the sensor chime a chime AND turn on a light.

Being greeted by a light when entering home is always nice... and it would be one more light that flashes when the alarm is triggered too.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 06:57:11 PM »

Sorry about that... mis-read your question. Unfortunately there is no way of ignoring a single zone short of reprogramming without that one; which is not a very practical method.

Another option would be attach a spare magnet to the open door's sensor; then the console will not chime for it ever hour, since it would think it's closed.

Good Idea Puck! The DS7000 would think that door is closed if the extra magnet contact was met. No other notification chimes would be sent for that door (untill one closed it again) allowing another opened door to trigger the chime! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.