Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't program this ICON remote at all??  (Read 15640 times)

RoyH

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can't program this ICON remote at all??
« on: November 28, 2008, 11:38:28 PM »

I just received my ICON remote today and first tried to program my tv, tivo & directv with any of the codes they suggested and no luck.  I then went online for the codes and attempted to program via device codes and still no luck on any of them.  I have done a total reset on the remote a number of times but no luck.  Any thoughts or suggestions would sure help!!

sidvic999

Re: Can't program this ICON remote at all??
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 01:31:21 PM »

I really hope you get a good answer Friend, I have had this POS remote a while and NEVER got it to even recognize my Yamaha 6090 Av receiver! If the Icon can't see a state of the art AV box, it ain't worth much. I'm willing to keep trying for a while, but so far this remote is very unfriendly. Harmony is a whizz.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 08:52:20 AM »

I just received my ICON remote today and first tried to program my tv, tivo & directv with any of the codes they suggested and no luck. 

What brand TV ?
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

captainpj

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 10:38:16 PM »

I'm sending mine back,  I can't get it to work with any of the new state of art tv,directv reciever,or anything that is new.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 05:11:45 PM »

It works just great with my state-of-the-art LCD TV, a Sony XBR6. 
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Waynemor

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 03:38:39 PM »

I bought one about a month ago and it works with everything I own...
Sanyo 32 inch HD LCD TV
JVC DVD Recorder/ VCR
Sony Audio Receiver
Sony CD Player
Sony Tape Deck
and X10 IR 543
And for the first time ever the WAF is sky high. The wife likes it as well and is able to run whatever she wants.
This is the FIRST universal remote we have ever owned that she is comfortable with!
There is a learning curve and the manual could be better, but I like not being dependant on the Internet for updates.
There was no code for the JVC unit so I just had it learn all the important buttons from the JVC unit.
I especially like the way the screen can be used to label the side buttons. I have saved all the oddball functions for the side buttons and in this way they can all be labelled.
Just one thing, I broke all the "manly" rules. I read the instructions first.
I can see we won't be needing another remote for quite a while.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.