Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: passive phase coupler like 4 prong signalinc but no "W"  (Read 2976 times)

misha680

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
passive phase coupler like 4 prong signalinc but no "W"
« on: February 08, 2009, 03:45:55 PM »

My stove has a 3-prong 240V outlet that does not look like the SignaLinc 3 prong connector (no connector that looks like a bent rod) but rather has 3 of the 4 connectors of the other SignaLinc model. My kitchen seems to be on a separate circuit, and I already have a SignaLinc in my dryer but would like one for the stove too (I can't get my appliance models in the kitchen to respond from the circuit on which my CM11A resides). Is there a product for this?

Thank you
Misha Koshelev

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: passive phase coupler like 4 prong signalinc but no "W"
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 03:50:36 PM »

Have you done any testing for signal suckers or noise makers?
I believe stove outlets are configured differently than dryer ones. Maybe a higher amperage one and I know outlets are pinned differently for different amperage ratings.
Any markings on the outlet that can give us a clue to finding whet you have?

misha680

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 04:11:47 PM »

E-16352 Assembled in MEXICO. UNDERWRITERS LABORATORY POWER SUPPLY 1-D1601-8900 ISSUE NO
is on the plug on the stove.

Interestingly, I'm not sure a phase coupler on the stove will help. The side of the stove actually seems to communicate fine (there are outlets there and I have my toaster there). Interestingly, the other side of the kitchen (kitcheonette it is a 666 sq ft condo) is a complete silence for X10 signals in but not out. I have a tea and coffee maker there, I can't signal them from my CM11A or an RR501 not mounted on that wall. However, if I have the RR501 plugged in to an outlet on the other side of that wall, it works fine on those appliance modules and also can signal X10 modules elsewhere (although not everywhere).

Weird... Any advice? I can get another RR501 but it seems like I still could not program my tea or coffee maker from the CM11A... I could also plug them in elsewhere I guess, but then the wires would run across the kitchen floor.

Thank you
Misha

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 07:13:50 PM »

in many cases, stove = 50 amps  dryer = 30 amps
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.