Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Motion detected recording problems PLEASE HELP ME!!!!  (Read 5900 times)

itsmeagain420

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • What To Do???
    • Myspace
Motion detected recording problems PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
« on: January 25, 2009, 09:55:50 PM »

OK][/b]Ok so I am VERY new to this...  I recently purchased a nitewatch wired cam, with a active eye motion sensor. I'm using the AHP interface with the Iwatch, myhouse, online, onalert and Smart macros plugins.  I can get the motion detected recording to work,  but the motion detector keeps sending the on signal over and over and over..  IE..  When the macro is triggered i get it to record,  but the sensor (or something) CONSTANTLY repeats the signal, like 4 0r 5 times in a row,  kinda like the macro just keeps repeating over and over for the same event.    But i have noticed that in the 1 min macro event,  that the trigger just keeps getting triggered over and over,  kinda like how i have repeated myself over and over lolol :)  I'm am getting VERY frustrated because i have it set up to email me the last image to my cell phone,  and i don't just get one image i get like 10 12 13 14 sometimes as much as 30 times,  is there anyway to Stop the sensor form resending the on code more than once in the 1 min Marco event..  i have read about flags and such but god forbid,  i cant make any sense of it,  i could also use some serious help in the conditions area.

What i would like to do is create a macro,  or macros that will detect motion at my front door...  Take a 30 second vid and record it,  then take 3 or 4 stills and email one to my and one to my phone,  i pretty much have it all worked out,  but this darn active eye sensor just wont stop with the ON triggers....

My current macro reads like this........and it works fine i just only want it to do it once,  and STOP

E1 On
(C6) Door Cam Select Camera
Start Recording Video
Start Automatic Still Record
Delay for 45 Seconds
Stop Recording Video
Stop Automatic Still Record
Email Image -kcvanrycke_78@yahoo.com -Someones Here

THANKS

Casey

ps is there any help out there to actually learn how all this stuff works,  the manuals that come with the stuff,  and the ones from the x10 web site are pretty generic to say it nicely...  They need to have step by step instructions to set up things like macros,,,,,,,,,,,

BVD

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
Re: Motion detected recording problems PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 01:17:56 PM »

Casey,
My friend you must learn like the rest of us to read between the lines. LOL

What is happening is that once the motion sensor is triggered ON it will remain in that state for as long as the ON DELAY which is adjusted with the (Little Screw Under Rubber Cover) is set for. Therefore your macro being triggered by E1 which I assume is the motion sensor could and is getting triggered several times because as long as the motion sensor E1 is ON your macro is going to continue to repeat itself.
If this is happening you should get the same video results (Recorded, Stills, and Emails) several times. The other scenario would be that there is some actual motion triggering E1 causing it to remain ON. In this case I would expect the video views to be different.

A couple of things to try.
1. Adjust the ON DELAY on your Active Eye Motion Sensor to its minimum setting and try it to see if it sends only once.
2 I will try a couple of things and get back with you a little later will assure one-shot operation of your macro.

Till Later,
Bob

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 02:01:17 PM »

something else you can try:  doesn't have to be exact, just play around with it (basically what i'm saying is use a flag

condition: if flag 2 is off
E1 On
set flag 2
(C6) Door Cam Select Camera
Start Recording Video
Start Automatic Still Record
Delay for 45 Seconds
Stop Recording Video
Stop Automatic Still Record
clear flag 2
Email Image -kcvanrycke_78@yahoo.com -Someones Here

this way if the motion sensors fire while it is running your macro it won't do anything, once your macro finishes it will clear flag 2 and be ready to fire again.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 02:14:58 PM »

Ok hawk1 just out typed me.  ;) I was just about to recommend the use of a flag also.

One thing to remember is any macro that saves video, pictures or emails an image, must run from the PC. i.e. The computer will have to remain on.

...is there any help out there to actually learn how all this stuff works,  the manuals that come with the stuff,  and the ones from the x10 web site are pretty generic to say it nicely...  They need to have step by step instructions to set up things like macros,,,,,,,,,,,
This folks here at this forum are your best resources. Also several of us can be found in the evening at http://bdshost.com/ac/
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.