Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Best Macro Set-Ups for Multiple Cameras  (Read 6249 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Best Macro Set-Ups for Multiple Cameras
« on: February 16, 2009, 09:16:48 PM »

Hi, I have a question regarding setting up macros for a system with multiple cameras, some x10 and some non-x10 cameras.

Currently, I've got a total of 8 cameras: 4 are x10 wireless; 4 non-x10 plugged into 3-pin appliance modules, and one of these is wired and the other 3 are wireless; 1 ninja with a non-10 cam on it; & one x10 receiver VR36A plugged into a 3-pin app module.

The four x10 cams are in a group of 4 (units5 to 8 ), and the 4 non-x10 are in another group of 4 (units 1 to 4). The ninja is unit 9 and the receiver is unit 10. They're all on the same House Code.

I seem to encounter alot of problems when the VR36A is supposed to turn on or off in order for the wired cam to view or not view. I've tried lots of different combos of events and changed the sequences within macros, and even tried repeating sequences within macros after a short delay, but there's still this problem.

I've also got 2 TM751's on 2 different house codes, code B for cameras and the other code for lights. I have the TM751's configured in AHP, and have the monitored house code as B, and the Transceived house code on Auto. I need the TM751's otherwise nothing works.

Can anyone give examples of macros that would work with this set-up? And should I use RF commands or Unit Module commands?

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: Best Macro Set-Ups for Multiple Cameras
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:57:31 AM »

this is the one i use with a little modification here and there.  http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=11477.0;)
one thing to remember is that the tm751 is B1 automatically so if everytime you turn camera B1 off i believe its going to turn the tm751 off.  Somebody chime in if i'm wrong.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 10:11:46 AM by hawk1 »
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.