Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: problems with ninja pan & tilt junk or not ?  (Read 32225 times)

visions68

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
problems with ninja pan & tilt junk or not ?
« on: February 15, 2009, 01:19:20 PM »

you know after spending all of this money for all of this junk.  x-10! I have spent alot of money and have not been able to get any of this stuff to work right. niinjas I haf spent days going over all of this to find out what is wrong with them . i dont care what you do, they still wont work right! I have done it all. every thought and post about it. but still no luck now all I have is a bunch of high $ junk that they say will work but wont. I have called and talked untill Im blue in the face. but every time they tell you to try this then try that.

I really sorry I spent all the money I did on this junk.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 07:37:21 PM by visions68 »

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: Junk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 01:50:47 PM »

high dollar?!?!?!?!? ???
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 01:56:35 PM »

I don't work for X10 (99.9% of the people here don't) and I'm not the camera expert here (I have some experience with the Sentinel.) but there are many that do have working camera systems. Why don't you post the details of what you have, what you want to do, and what has/has not worked so far. While once in a while a new problem will surface, most of the time problems that users see are just forms of already solved ones someone else has had before.

As has been mentioned many other times, X10 is not always a plug & play application. In fact I would venture to say 90% of X10 users have had some form of challenge at some time in their product use. 
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

visions68

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 02:31:12 PM »

Im working with 4 x10 ninja p&t base I m  using my own cameras I have them on al 4 sides of the house. I have tried the rr5o1 with them we are not out of range my house isnt that big!.
   one I use the remot to pan they all move! or two will move. they are all on the same codes 1234 and so on house code O and have canged it more then once! I have tried just about every thing that was said here with nothing working. I have yes moved the rr501 all over the house. I have tried jumping the 220 and so on so its not that.

Im out od thoughts and as for money Its a few $100  for all of this stuff. and Im not going to even get into all the other computer stuff I got from them. all of the cameras are hard wired with cable so they all work like they should but I just cant get each pan&tilt to work buy its self. Its a bummer to have tow of them moving all of the time you puch the remot.

again any help would be great. I just dont know what else to do!
 don

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 02:50:05 PM »

The power line signals are not getting to all the Ninja Power Suplies. That is what turns one on and the other three in the group. You indicted you have them in 1-4 all on House O. So the group is satisfied.

Have you done troubleshooting things like signal suckers?
Do you have any phase couplers or repeaters to get the signal from one phase to the other phase?
Part of the problem maybe the RR501 on one phase can not get to the camera supplies on the other phase.

visions68

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 02:58:04 PM »

signal suckers nope! no phase couplers or repeaters  yet but they are all on thesame line.  I almost hate to wast any more money

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 03:14:09 PM »

It's beginning to look like a signal issue.

While I believe the Ninjas turn on and off with a power line signal, aren't the functions controlled via RF from a remote or the CM15A? If so, it could be a signal strength issue.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 04:56:20 PM »

The power line signals are not getting to all the Ninja Power Suplies. That is what turns one on and the other three in the group. You indicted you have them in 1-4 all on House O. So the group is satisfied.

I was under the impression with mine.. that it didn't matter if the Ninja was off or on. That the On/Off and group of four worked... but only as it pertained to the camera (controlled by the Ninja power supply). I thought... that a pan/tilt/sweep/center CM15A command.... or similar remote control button-push.... moved ALL NINJAS despite House/Unit code or Off/On status. At least that is the way it seemed to work here.

Since one of my Ninjas [also like visions68] has a non-X10 camera on it... I was using an X10 appliance module to turn the camera on/off. Because I am a BVC user I am also using Voice Commands to control the camera... and didn't want a false command to accidentally put the Ninjas in perpetual scan mode. So I put an adapter in the appliance module so now when the camera is off so is the Ninja.

The appliance Module works great for me.

visions68 I feel your frustration! Hang in there... we will work with you. X10 has been around for years and has countless thousands (maybe millions) of customers using these products. These setups aren't out of the box running in 30 minute or less... but take your time.. and it will come together. Mixing the Non-X10 cameras with the X10 Ninjas is very do-able although I have NEVER read anywhere where it is recommended. But it does complicate the setup.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:15:37 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

visions68

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 06:36:22 PM »

thanks dave it is crazy I wanted to rip them off the wall at times. I wanted to use some of this for a haunt but I dont know I might be better off staying how I have it.

not to cange any thing but why cant you use a appliance module  am486 to turn off a strob light. you turn it off it comes right back on?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 06:44:17 PM »

Local Control sensing many times turns an Appliance Module back on. Simple test is add a small incandescent night light on the outlet along with the problem light. If it now works it is the local control sensing. Note the NEW more CFL friendly appliance module are a lot less sensitive to such things.

visions68

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 07:29:16 PM »

ok I turned off two of the pan&tilts I have 1&2 still on if I push 1 on the comtrol it will run both 1&2 p&t if I push 2 only P&T will work? one is on the front and one is in the back Less than 100 feet! P&T always seems to be working. Im half way between them both with the rr501 here too. I have moved the rr both ways and have even put two of them right next to each other but same thing

Brian H

• Community Organizer
Re: problems with ninja pan & tilt junk or not ?
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 06:46:12 AM »

When you turned on #1; #2 should have turned off. It didn't so it is not getting the power line signal that should have turned it off. When you turned #2 on since it was on it stayed on; but #1 is getting the power line signals and turned off when it saw the #2 on.
Looks like you have a power line problem. Do you have a coupler or repeater between the phases. Even outlets within seeing range could be on opposite phases. Also one of the circuits may have a signal sucker or noise maker on it.

dellzip

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 09:04:16 AM »

I don't work for X10 (99.9% of the people here don't) and I'm not the camera expert here (I have some experience with the Sentinel.) but there are many that do have working camera systems. Why don't you post the details of what you have, what you want to do, and what has/has not worked so far. While once in a while a new problem will surface, most of the time problems that users see are just forms of already solved ones someone else has had before.

As has been mentioned many other times, X10 is not always a plug & play application. In fact I would venture to say 90% of X10 users have had some form of challenge at some time in their product use. 
Thanks

visions68

Re: problems with ninja pan & tilt junk or not ?
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 04:30:04 PM »

no I dont have the coupler or repeater yet but it looks like Im going to have to fork out a little bit more. they should sale it all in one kit. if you thank that will help

thanks all I will order one but which one should I get???

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.