Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Next version of AHP  (Read 19196 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
The Next version of AHP
« on: March 02, 2009, 01:59:48 PM »

Since the last good release of AHP is 3.228, dated 5/9/2008 is almost a year old and the only other "upgrade" is 3.236 which is one the buggy releases, when can we expect a real upgrade from 3.228?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Dan Lawrence

Re: The Next version of AHP
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 11:07:43 PM »

It's now June 13 and 3.228 is now well over a year old (5/9/2008).  Is X10 even working on a new version?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 11:22:18 PM »

..... Is X10 even working on a new version?

Maybe the pending release of Microsoft's 7 has X10's talent all tied up.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 07:26:45 AM »

I don't think so.  They didn't put out a version for Vista or XP when MS released them.  I suspect it's the dearth of good programmers :( :( :(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 10:59:07 AM »

Actually Dan ver 3.236 was for vista!
And first ver of AHP was built to work with XP!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 06:39:09 PM »

Most of us regular posters know that 3.236 is now in the list of BUGGY versions of AHP and AHP was not written for XP, but for Win98.  When XP came out, it was discovered that certain motherboards played havoc with COM ports and many others did not but for those that did and were Active Home/CM11a users, they had to migrate to AHP and the CM15A.  AHP was already written by the time XP was released.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 08:19:58 PM »

The problem with writing software for a buggy OS is it always leads to a buggy release version!
Vista is/was the newest microsoft flop just as bad as M.E. ( my opinion but many will agree)
X10 programers have been running Windows 7 beta since it's release and I suspect have now installed Win7RC(free for every one to test run)
Win 7 is due out in the fall so I wouldn't expect a new version of AHP much before that. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 09:31:38 PM »

The problem with writing software for a buggy OS is it always leads to a buggy release version!
Vista is/was the newest microsoft flop just as bad as M.E. ( my opinion but many will agree)
X10 programers have been running Windows 7 beta since it's release and I suspect have now installed Win7RC(free for every one to test run)
Win 7 is due out in the fall so I wouldn't expect a new version of AHP much before that. ;)

The way MS releases O/S is now you get the Beta versions, not the Alpha as in days past. (Anybody remember Windows 95?) no patch after patch, which both XP and Vista users are used to.  X10 has turned out several versions of AHP since the initial release, long before these forums were initiated that were buggy, not just 3.236, the latest bad version. 

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 10:15:34 PM »

I've owned and used every (commercial) Operating System Microsoft has introduced... ME included. I bought Vista a week after it was introduced... and have never had a regret.

I know.. and fully understand.. it's trendy and cool to run down the capitalistic Microsoft. But realistically... Bill Gates [and Microsoft] has changed the world.. for the better. Every city, town, village, and crossing-cow-path should have a statue erected to honor Bill Gates.

The greatest libraries of the worlds... that was once only available to the very few... doesn't compare to the Internet. Without Bill Gates and Microsoft there never could have been a WWW thingy.

(Anybody remember Windows 95?) no patch after patch,

Yeah... I do remember Windows 95! The Internet was called AOL by more users than not. And that was only 12 million people. I remember buying programs that only ran on "certain" mother boards... or only worked with "certain" soundcards or modems. IT WAS A CRAP-SHOOT!

I also remember 1950 Fords... flathead V8's.. and overdrive. But I haven't lost perspective on the progress technology has made. It has only got better!

Sure... some of this nitch market Home Automation software... isn't perfect. Big deal... its not that bad ether.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 01:44:18 PM »

I have a couple of documents, one from X10.com that shows AHP 3.142 as the first version, but no dates as to issue and ends up with 3.204 as the last (even though 3.204 will allow an update to 3.228 that does not exist in the X10 Software Repository).  The other document came from the Forums and starts with 3.156 and goes through 3.204 along with the note that 3.164 was never released. It also notes 3.203 was the other buggy version.

Did AHP versions 1 and 2 ever exist?    The old Active Home used 1 for versions ending up with 1.142 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.