Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: sensor activated camera reception problem  (Read 5251 times)

cjc5602

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
sensor activated camera reception problem
« on: February 14, 2009, 05:37:58 PM »

hi guys,
the problem i am having is when the sensor is tripped it starts a macro to activate the back yard camera and start sweeping and recording video. when the camera activates the video is really scratchy and distorted but if i activate the front camera manualloy and switch back it goes away. the only time this happens is when the sensor starts a macro of events otherwis my camera reception is excellent and it will remain so. I ran video line from the computer to the attic to a Y and i have a receiver in the front and back overhang of the house within 3 ft of each camera. I had to do this due to to many 2.4 ghz signals from the neighborhood. i can pick up at least 16 neighbors wireless signals from our house

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: sensor activated camera reception problem
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 06:29:09 PM »

...when the sensor is tripped it starts a macro to activate the back yard camera and start sweeping and recording video. when the camera activates the video is really scratchy and distorted but if i activate the front camera manualloy and switch back it goes away. the only time this happens is when the sensor starts a macro of events otherwis my camera reception is excellent

So your saying..... everything works great when it is switched manually. But when switched by macro the images are scratchy and distorted on the backyard camera (only?).

It would seem to me that your macro is ether switching ON a video receiver or camera in the front... or failing to switch it OFF.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

cjc5602

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 06:47:09 PM »

yes i did fail to mention that same times it does switch from camera to camera as if one wasnt turned off and both cameras are really on

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 09:41:55 PM »

yes i did fail to mention that same times it does switch from camera to camera as if one wasnt turned off and both cameras are really on

• If you don't have any problem switching manually... and
  • your only using the CM15A as a transceiver (no TM751 or anything in the mix)... and
  • Your cameras (and receivers) are in proper groups of 4

Then it would be in your macro.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

cjc5602

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 04:27:56 PM »

currently i have both cameras and sensors with macros in the same room. should i seperate them and put them in their own rooms ie front yard camera, backyard camera

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.