Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Did I receive the right stuff and why wont it work?  (Read 7639 times)

hvacdoc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Did I receive the right stuff and why wont it work?
« on: March 02, 2009, 12:06:02 AM »

Ok, Here is what I ordered: http://www.x10.com/promotions/xx16a_as_cam_41806_promo_vcr_2_0418_home_burst.html. Supposedly a 4 camera wireless system with audio and two full color daylight cameras (which I did not receive).

Here is what they sent:

CM19A Wireless PC Transciever
MS14A Motion Sensors 4 each
TM751 Small wireless Transceiver
UX23A VCR Commander II
VA12A (was supposed to be a VA11A) USB Video Capture Adapter
VK74A Pan/tilt base
VR42A (was supposed to be a VR31A) Small audio/video receiver
XX20A 4 each wireless low light B/W cameras

Also, the software and yard/window signs. What is this Lola crap? They told me I was lucky to get an upgrade from the CM19A to the MK10A, due to stock problems. (Lola) Are they trying to pass this off as my camera audio upgrade I paid an additional $30. for? Anyway, I do not want to view this system on my TV at all, I just want to use the computer for viewing and recording. The only way I can view more than one camera is to manually turn the receiver and then I can view one of the 4 cameras. They are all located within 20 feet of the receiver which is mounted next to my computer one floor down. I tried moving all antennas and receiver antenna for hours. The pan/tilt feature will occasionally work from the Vanguard screen. I have no 2.4 Ghz accessories in my home. All of the camera power transformers are set to the correct codes.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Did I receive the right stuff and why wont it work?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 10:12:05 AM »

....two full color daylight cameras (which I did not receive). .....They told me I was lucky to get an upgrade from the CM19A to the MK10A, due to stock problems. Thanks for any help you can provide.

So... have you called X10 to tell them you don't have all your order? This is a forum of users helping other users... make sure you call and contact X10 to get all your order.

The kit you linked... included the Vanguard software.. for viewing recording you video to you computer. Yet... you didn't mention that on your list. The confirmation email you received from X10 should have provided you with a download link... and a Key/Code. If you didn't get.. or don't have that.. again... call X10.

While your here at the forum... take some time to do some reading. A full size camera/monitoring setup like you've purchased takes a little setup skill and knowledge. It would be a good time to read-up on such things.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

hvacdoc

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 02:03:15 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply. I did contact them before I posted and they said I received everything I needed. I just wanted a second opinion. Thanks

trol1374

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 02:53:55 PM »

HV,

The VA12 you recieved is the upgrade of the VA11, you are better off with the 12.  In regards to the cameras, if you got 2 wired and 2 wireless low light, then that seems to be your order.  The cam's are great for daylight use and aren't very good in low light situations.  But, add some flood lighting at night and it would be good.
  Did you also purchase the AHP software to control the home automation?  Or you were just looking for video?
  I don't use the Vanguard software, but I've heard from other that controlling the pan/tilt is hit/miss.  I believe there was some that talk about it in that section of the forums.   
   The vr42 is the new version of wireless sending of the video and audio to tv/monitor.
   There are some 3rd party software that can also use the cam's and pan/tilt base, you will see a section in the forum for those.
   As for the reception, you can only receive one wireless camera at a time, if two are "on" then they will conflict the signal and degrade it.  They must be on different numbers in unit code (ie: A1,A2,A3,A4 or A5,A6,A7,A8) to work properly, with only one being powered on at a time.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 02:57:27 PM by trol1374 »

hvacdoc

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 03:25:31 PM »

My main problem is receiving signal from 3 of my cameras. The one closest to the receiver seems to be hogging the airwaves. No matter which camera I click on, I only get the one feed (which is the camera in the same room as the receiver). If I take the receiver and walk around the room with it, one or two of the others will come in and out of view. None of the cameras are more than 20 feet (one wall) from the receiver. The only other wireless device in the house is the wireless router 802.11G. I have tried unplugging the router as well as different house and unit settings on the plugs.

Thanks

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 04:05:21 PM »

The one closest to the receiver seems to be hogging the airwaves. No matter which camera I click on, I only get the one feed (which is the camera in the same room as the receiver). If I take the receiver and walk around the room with it, one or two of the others will come in and out of view.
This sounds like all four cameras are remaining energized at the same time. Since they are wireless, only one camera can transmit to the receiver at a time.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

hvacdoc

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 04:12:03 PM »

I just took the receiver up one floor where 3 of the cameras are and hooked it up to my television, and they all work perfect. Now, what is it going to take to get the signal back to the vanguard program downstairs? Should I re-install the software on a laptop I keep upstairs?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 04:15:34 PM »

Are the addressable power supplies for the cameras set correctly?
They all must be on the same house code and unit code group. 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16.
When you send an On to one of the four in the group the other three should turn off.
This is with a powerline signal so you could have a power line signal problem.
What program or remote are you using to switch the cameras?
Is the TM751 connected and is it on the same house code as the addressable power supplies?
Same for any Camera Remotes. Same House Code as the addressable power supplies.
As mentioned. Only one can be on at a time or they step on each other as you have found out.

hvacdoc

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 04:56:49 PM »

Yes, all house codes are identical as is the TM751, and each plug is set to a different number. A-1, A-2, A-3, A-4. They were having problems when the receiver was one floor down and conected to PC, now it is upstairs connected to TV, and all cameras are perfect. Now, I just need to get cameras back on PC.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 06:57:53 AM »

OK progress.
Will have to think some more on the signal problems.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.