Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to Set-up Macro for Motion Sensor (Conditions Not Working?)  (Read 6995 times)

bcondemi

I have a couple problems,

I have a trigger on 'M1' and want it to turn on a light 'D16' for 5 minutes then turn off. (pretty straight forward). When I set up the conditions (in smart macros), I choose time 'dusk till dawn' (it only works at night) AND 'module status' (if D16 is off).

First problem, How do I set it up so that if the  trigger is reactivated within the 5 minutes (when the light on), the 5 minute counter starts again?

Second problem, during choosing 'conditions', in 'module status' (i think its called 'module status'), I can only see some of the total modules on the entire system. I only see my second floor modules on 'D'. I can't see any of my 'B' (ground floor) modules, 'E' (outside), etc. If I wanted to choose another module on 'B' for example, how do I do that? Is there a bug there?

Third, not sure if I need to choose 'module status' for the second condition anyway? The 'flags' condition, I'm not sure how to use them (even there is a topic on them) I just don't get it.

Just to note, my 'M1' is from a powerflash unit and it works fine.
My 'D16' is a light switch'

Can someone shed some light?

thank-you

BC

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: How to Set-up Macro for Motion Sensor (Conditions Not Working?)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 09:51:10 AM »

First problem, How do I set it up so that if the  trigger is reactivated within the 5 minutes (when the light on), the 5 minute counter starts again?

You can't.  5 minute count down is not, unfortuantely, re-triggerable.

Second problem, during choosing 'conditions', in 'module status' (i think its called 'module status'), I can only see some of the total modules on the entire system. I only see my second floor modules on 'D'. I can't see any of my 'B' (ground floor) modules, 'E' (outside), etc. If I wanted to choose another module on 'B' for example, how do I do that? Is there a bug there?

One can only monitor the status of one house code.  Of all your house codes, B, D, E, etc, which is the one that you selected for monitoring?
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 10:58:11 AM »

...How do I set it up so that if the  trigger is reactivated within the 5 minutes (when the light on), the 5 minute counter starts again?

You can't.  5 minute count down is not, unfortuantely, re-triggerable.

Use ADVANCED SEARCH:

• Keyword(s): Macro
  • UserID: roger1818

IIRC, check the Archives for some threads OVER A YEAR AGO using 3 Macros and Flags. If I'm remembering the right workaround, Roger sets a Flag on the initial trigger to disable OFF.
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 11:31:39 AM »

Use ADVANCED SEARCH:

• Keyword(s): Macro
  • UserID: roger1818

IIRC, check the Archives for some threads OVER A YEAR AGO using 3 Macros and Flags. If I'm remembering the right workaround, Roger sets a Flag on the initial trigger to disable OFF.

Do you have any better Keywords than just "Macro", because I don't seem to find any workaround from Roger that will stop a macro once it is executing a 5 minute delay.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

bcondemi

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 02:35:28 PM »

My monitored house code is 'D'. So I guess I can only choose a module status from the 'D' house code. OK.

I'll look for the work around.

Thank-you

BC

bcondemi

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 09:08:38 PM »

Ok I experimented with the flags and figured them out myself! Very ingenious and my motion(s) work perfectly.

Thank-you

BC

btw I just received my dual antenna signal combiner and get over 300 feet coverage in and out my house through any floor, any wall, anything! will post project review and photos shortly.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 09:10:44 PM by bcondemi »

teez67f

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 06:15:12 PM »

Dual Antenna? :o
 I'm interested. ;)
My range right now is around 150ft. all around but if it could get better why not! ;D
If you have pictures or notes could you email them to me?Maybe post it and I'll check forum every so often.
Besides even if I don't do mod, it would be a great add-on to my X-10 library of horror. :-X
Thanks in advance ... my email is homemail@videotron.ca.

RickerRemote

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 05:34:05 AM »

I'm interested. ;)
My range right now is around 150ft. all around but if it could get better why not! ;D
If you have pictures or notes could you email them to me?Maybe post it and I'll check forum every so often.
Besides even if I don't do mod, it would be a great add-on to my X-10 library of horror. :-X
Any reply as to the info. about this "Dual Antenna"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 08:13:30 AM »

I'm interested. ;)

Here you go... this was posted nearly a couple years ago. It is the Ultimate Dual Antenna (CM15A Mod)
Home Automation is an always changing technology

RickerRemote

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 08:39:36 AM »

I'm interested. ;)

Here you go... this was posted nearly a couple years ago. It is the Ultimate Dual Antenna (CM15A Mod)
A-HA!  Thanks Dave.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 10:23:59 AM »

A-HA!  Thanks Dave.

Glad you found the link useful. There does appear to be a few missing images on the post. Which is a darn shame.

If you search this forum you will find any number of modifications to increase the range of X10 devices... including the CM15A. I myself have modified my CM15A as well as a few other devices. The results can be mixed.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.