Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Hows your work!!!

Lay-off
Cut hours
Just slow
Can't complain
Way to busy

Author Topic: What do you do and how is that going??  (Read 5317 times)

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
What do you do and how is that going??
« on: March 18, 2009, 11:51:22 AM »

Man it is a slow day on this forum so every working or what?

Question along with the Poll..What do you do for a living???

I'm a field service technician for an industrial robotic and automation company. I spend my days traveling around the U.S. doing Installs, service , and Training. We are slow so right now I spend my time at home on call...just waiting.

I really hope everyone is working but I know that times are tough.
SO Good luck to you all!!!!
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

raster69273

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: What do you do and how is that going??
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 12:13:41 PM »

I am the Service Manager for an Air Conditioning Contractor in Western Arizona. It was 90° F yesterday. Business is really starting to pick-up fast.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 05:54:43 PM »

Man it is a slow day on this forum so every working or what?

It does make a person wonder at times. I know there is a "Home Automation Season". It runs from shortly after Christmas (or New Years) and runs into spring. However... I think I see more Security traffic in the summer months.

I took an early retirement and I haven't worked in over a year. I had hoped I would find something earlier than this... if not profitable.. at least enjoyable.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 06:53:42 PM »

My wife and I work with the Mentally and Physically Disabled (MRDD). We run a Work Shop so these guys can earn their own paycheck just like normal people. They are paid on a "Piece rate" so it gives them motovation to work (for the ones who want to). They do various jobs for larger companies (Example: I'm sure you have seen the "Flexi Dog Leashes", the ones sold at Wal Mart.Target,K-Mart. They are the ones that are retractable. Our guys will box up the different colors the stores order. We also do several jobs for "AVON"... These are just a couple of many we do) I'm a Material Handler/Trainer and my wife is a Trainer/Back Up Material Handler. we use to be in the same building, but now she is in a different one :'(.

The job can be vary satisfying  :)% and at the same time be very frustrating  B:(......

Then after we get home from that job we have our chins (If our screen name didn't give that away  rofl) We raise and breed Chinchillas, some to sell for pets and others we take to Shows. We currently have around 70 in our herd. Plus my wife raises Degus (has 6 now) and oldest son raises Dwarf Hamsters (around 30)..  :' Regular Petting Zoo.. So we stay BUSY and really have no time to relax...

That's our life in a nut shell !!!

Oh yeah and forgot the 2 dogs we have......
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 11:33:09 PM »

Up and Running is Up and Running.   ;D
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.