Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 security system  (Read 12402 times)

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 security system
« on: March 21, 2009, 01:36:49 PM »

I recently purchased an x10 security system with the motion sensor package and some door sensors.  I had installed myself.  Problem is it was working fine.  I usually arm it at night and disarm in the morning.  I notice when i disarm in the morning, i see no prblem with the sensors around but at night, i usually would notice either sensor 1 or sensor 8 blink rapidly.  I dont know why this would happen and to think the security system is un armed the whole day.  So when i try to arm the system, it will not engage since something wrong with the sensor.  What do you think caused it?  Normally a sensor will blink  rapidly when the system is armed and someone trips it.  But this time the system did not arm but the whole day and at night it suddenly blinks...

Can anyone advice? thanks

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
Re: X10 security system
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 07:39:07 PM »

Sounds like your Security Console didn't get a "Heart Beat" signal from that sensor in a 8 hour period.

Are the batteries fresh?

Is the console placed where it will pick up a signal from all your sensors?

Also check the wires on the sensor, I had a couple of mine were either loose or weren't making a good connection....
Another thing to check is the springs that hold the batteries, they are in no way high quality springs and sometimes you have to stretch them out a little to get a god contact on the battery.

Here's what I do when my sensors don't "Report In".... Set your console to RUN 2, then open the cover on your sensor and push the test button. You should here it BEEP, now you should be good to go.

I'm sure there will be other members give you some other things to try and test. But try this in the mean time and see if it solves your problem..
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

paizano1

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 11:48:34 PM »

Kramer chins has excellent suggestions, The only one i will add is i had the same problem with some sensors that were in the basement, what i noticed is there was a door on my den that sometimes at night was closing either by a family member or by the furnace air pressure, anyway that door closing was causing a blocked signal to the console.  See if blinking lights are same sensors and could be in problem areas, maybe try antenna in different position.  good luck. let us know.

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 02:10:14 AM »

Thanks for your reply.  My problem is this happens not so often , maybe once or twice every week.  The batteries are new.

What you mean heartbeat?

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 10:12:52 AM »

From the Product Manual:

All Door/Window Sensors and Motion Sensors report in to the Console every 90 minutes.
If the Console does not receive a signal from the sensor within four hours, it reports a
problem with that sensor by slowly flashing the appropriate zone indicator. If you try to
arm the system with a zone indicator flashing, the Console sounds a repetitive trouble
alarm. Either press DISARM, correct the problem and press ARM again, or press
BYPASS while the trouble alarm is sounding, then press ARM. The zone(s) with a
problem will not be armed and the zone indicator(s) will flash rapidly. All other zones will
arm.
If you bypass an open window and arm the system, and later close the window, that zone
will now be armed.

The report is the "Heartbeat" or "Signal"
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.