Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Heat and Motion Detector  (Read 8646 times)

action012

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Heat and Motion Detector
« on: March 23, 2009, 09:32:09 PM »

OK I just made the mod that can be found here http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=17748.0 to extend the range of my DS7000 it worked great now I'm able to arm and disarm my system from the neighbors house two doors down.

With this new found range I decided to install one of my extra Motion Detector in my shed along with a power horn.  Now the sensor works great for now but, I'm not sure with the heat we get here in AZ.

Does anyone know, how the heat will affect the sensor? Will it cause false alarms? and if I need to de-install this sensor is their any way to do it without uninstalling all the sensors and having to re-setup the whole system?

Oh and when the unit is set to chime mode. Do the newer Motion Detector not set of the chime? I know that my old one will but it's probably 12 old. Or code it be that's it's set to (zone 9)?

Thanks,

Steve >!

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Heat and Motion Detector
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 11:27:39 PM »

What kind of temperatures are we talking about. And nope you can't uninstall sensor just swap one for another.

Tom j.

action012

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Heat and Motion Detector
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 11:49:28 PM »

What kind of temperatures are we talking about. And nope you can't uninstall sensor just swap one for another.

Tom j.

During summer time it get to about 110-114 the shed would probably get as high as 120-122.

Thanks,

Steve

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.