Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Range issue with AHP  (Read 6602 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Range issue with AHP
« on: December 05, 2008, 01:24:29 PM »

Would the Component Cloak thingy help solve range issues with AHP and IR remote controls?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Range issue with AHP
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 01:36:38 PM »

Would the Component Cloak thingy help solve range issues with AHP and IR remote controls?
The Component cloak sender only handles IR So it won't solve the AHP range issue  :(
The Component cloak receiver does receive RF but it is a different frequency then the CM15A  and it converts it back to IR for your components!
>!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 03:27:49 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 02:05:08 PM »

If you wish to use a IR remote with your X10.. and help the range issue at the same time..... look at the IR mini-controller (IR543) . Just like a plug-in controller... it puts the X10 signal right on the powerline (not RF). Many (if not most) nice universal remotes have X10 IR codes. So it could be easy to get the CM15A to hear the PLC signal from the IR543... from accross the house.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

ttfnnow

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
COMPONENT CLOAK and Video Sender compatibility
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 01:22:23 PM »

:o Hi quick question would the component cloak work with the Video sender to boost signal when the video sender units are NOT in the line of sight??? as the selling point is it does work through walls.........

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 02:45:29 PM »

:o Hi quick question would the component cloak work with the Video sender to boost signal when the video sender units are NOT in the line of sight??? as the selling point is it does work through walls.........
No!
The PowerMids (component cloak) convert IR to RF and send RF! The receiver converts that RF back to IR then send out IR!
The videosender sends only RF and it is a different frequency! :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

birdzeye

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 12:05:42 PM »

This is a TM751 question. My understanding of TM751's is that they don't respond to RF. So if I want my CR12A camera remote or Palmpad remote to work, I have to have the TM751 plugged in right?

Now if I add the CM15A, and take out the TM751, will my camera remote or palmpad remote still work? 

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 12:51:06 PM »

My understanding of TM751's is that they don't respond to RF.

I have to have the TM751 plugged in right?

Now if I add the CM15A, and take out the TM751, will my camera remote or palmpad remote still work? 

No you are a bit confused. The TM751 does not respond to PLC - X10 signals over the powerline. So you could NOT control the outlet in the TM751 with a "Maxi Controller", "Mini Controller" etc , - any wired controller that sent only PLC codes.

The TM751 responds only to RF. It receives X10 RF commands and and couples them on to one phase of the homes powerlines as PLC, so yeah, it has to be plugged in(?).

The Palm Pad and Camera Control (not the Ninja control) will continue to work because the CM15A acts a tranceiver (receives the RF command and transmits it on the powerline as PLC commands) just like the TM751.

"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 04:15:16 PM »

....... The Palm Pad and Camera Control (not the Ninja control) will continue to work..

I am probably just reading that wrong... of course the CM15A can control a Ninja. I've even use BVC (and only the CM15A) to Voice Command my Ninja.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:00:58 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

birdzeye

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 04:32:02 PM »

dave w,

sorry, I meant to write the tm751 ONLY responds to RF... ::)

however my camera remote will not work without the tm751 plugged in (i.e. only using the CM15A). I'd rather not have to use the TM751. Is there an update to the CM15A that would help with this?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 04:59:37 PM »

....... The Palm Pad and Camera Control (not the Ninja control) will continue to work..

I am probably just reading that wrong... of course the CM15A can control a Ninja. I've even use BVC (and only the CM15A) to Voice Command my Ninja.
Yeah, I wrote it wrong. I was thinking in terms of tranceiving and meant the TM751, CM15A would not transceive the Ninja signal (since Ninja P&T is RF).

Just a burst of brain flatulence.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:03:30 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 09:43:07 PM »

dave w,

sorry, I meant to write the tm751 ONLY responds to RF... ::)

however my camera remote will not work without the tm751 plugged in (i.e. only using the CM15A). I'd rather not have to use the TM751. Is there an update to the CM15A that would help with this?

Make sure in AHP that you have the house code your cameras are on checked in the Transceived House Codes box and that you download that setting change to the CM15A.  Then unplug the TM751 and see if your cameras respond to the camera remote's camera switching commands.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.