Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do you use your VCR Commander?  (Read 9928 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
How do you use your VCR Commander?
« on: March 28, 2009, 11:59:55 AM »

Many of us have this things but how many of us are actually using them?
And How many are getting the maximum bang for their buck from these things?

I have one set up at the cottage which triggers a VCR to record and stop recording from a hidden cam I mounted between logs it the wall!
Since I'm on solar there it isn't the best as the VCR must stay on eating up power :(
Maybe I'm missing something there?  ??? ::) :'

Anyways at home here where I have a AH PC running 24/7 and power is plentiful my VCR Commander has Unlimited possibilities!
I never liked the Idea of having wire dangling in front of all my audio/video electronics! :( And hated the emitters stuck to each,they never stayed! (Could be the fact that my wife never liked them either.)  rofl

But with my recent Powermid combo that is a thing of the past!
see: Hide that VCR Commander!
A single X10 ON command:
1:Turns on my VCR
2:Turns it to the input channel 3 (just in case the last channel it was on is something else)
3:Then starts to record!
4: It also sends the signal to turn my TV to the input channel so If the TV is on I can quickly see what is being recorded .

Of coarse I'm using software to do this as the same X10 signal also turns on the designated camera, fires of an Email, and triggers a light in the house to turn on!

The X10 Off command simply
1: Stops recording
2: Turns off the VCR
3: In addition to the VCR commander the same X10 trigger also turns off the Light and Camera ;)

I'd love to hear how others are using this! It may spur me to use mine more or in other ways!  rofl
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Jim Clark

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: How do you use your VCR Commander?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 12:32:25 PM »

Quote from: Tuicemen
Since I'm on solar there it isn't the best as the VCR must stay on eating up power

I have the power on/off programed into my VCR Commander and don't have to leave the power to the VCR turned on.  I know that this is not recommended as the VCR can confuse the on and off signal should things get out of sequence but I have not had a single problem with this in the past two years.   
:)% :)%

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.