Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 security/surveillence system, I NEED HELP!!  (Read 8837 times)

logan4381

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 security/surveillence system, I NEED HELP!!
« on: April 04, 2009, 08:14:10 PM »

X10 security/surveillence system I hooked up everything to run through my PC, I'm not using a video or tv monitor, 3 cameras , A1,A2,A3 I cant switch cameras and I can only veiw the last camera I plugged in. I added all 3 cameras to the systems program,  also My tranciever ( model TM751) clicks alot.  I though this system would be a fairly easy setup, I'm sure I hooked everything up right.   HELP PLEASE!!! ??? If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can help.
 can email me at --   delz4562@yahoo.com  also I will check here in this forum.     thanks  Del

WildBill47

• Helpful Post Rating: 18
Re: X10 security/surveillence system, I NEED HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 08:50:53 PM »

If your TM751 is set to House Code A I think it will cycle everytime you change camera's or automatically if you have the multi-cam scan turned on. I many not have used the right terms but when I set mine up the first time I had that issue, so I set the TM751 on a different house code and used a motion to turn it on when then powered the cams set on another house code.

Not sure if that helps...

logan4381

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 09:34:28 PM »

If your TM751 is set to House Code A I think it will cycle everytime you change camera's or automatically if you have the multi-cam scan turned on. I many not have used the right terms but when I set mine up the first time I had that issue, so I set the TM751 on a different house code and used a motion to turn it on when then powered the cams set on another house code.

So do I change the transiever to house code B and leave the cameras on A?

The motion sensor how do you sue it ?

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 10:14:15 PM »

X10 security/surveillence system I hooked up everything to run through my PC, I'm not using a video or tv monitor, 3 cameras , A1,A2,A3 I cant switch cameras and I can only veiw the last camera I plugged in. I added all 3 cameras to the systems program,  also My tranciever ( model TM751) clicks alot.  I though this system would be a fairly easy setup, I'm sure I hooked everything up right.   HELP PLEASE!!! ??? If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can help.
 can email me at --   delz4562@yahoo.com  also I will check here in this forum.     thanks  Del

Do you have your CM19A (USB Transceiver) installed and plugged in your computer?

Also it's a good idea NOT to use A1 for any of your set up.. A1 is a Factory Setting for most X10 modules. I have my cameras all set to house code "C"  C1,C2,C3,C4, etc......
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

logan4381

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 10:17:25 PM »

Do you have your CM19A (USB Transceiver) installed and plugged in your computer?

Also it's a good idea NOT to use A1 for any of your set up.. A1 is a Factory Setting for most X10 modules. I have my cameras all set to house code "C"  C1,C2,C3,C4, etc......

ya I have it hooked to my computer,    I will try the differant house setting      thanks

logan4381

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 11:14:46 PM »

ya I have it hooked to my computer,    I will try the differant house setting      thanks
Well I tried that it didnt work still cant change cameras

trol1374

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 12:59:16 AM »

I suppose the question is are you sure there isn't a phase issue and you can control that/those outlets from the computer?  you set up the camera modules in AHP with each labeled the same as the camera you want to control?

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 06:52:57 AM »

I suppose the question is are you sure there isn't a phase issue and you can control that/those outlets from the computer?  you set up the camera modules in AHP with each labeled the same as the camera you want to control?

Like trol1374 said, sounds like a "Phase Issue" Here's a link to maybe help you understand and also How To Map Your Electrical Circuits: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=11117.0
Try moving your cameras around to different outlets and see if you can switch them...

Are you using Vanguard Software? Are you sure your CM19A Software INSTALLED correctly?
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

WildBill47

• Helpful Post Rating: 18
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 02:40:59 PM »

So do I change the transiever to house code B and leave the cameras on A?

The motion sensor how do you sue it ?

Could have two problems going on here, if your cams are not responding at all to switching, then try some of the things in the other posts before this one, I had that issue also and found that the code I was using "N" (for Ninja) did not seem to be liked for some reason, so I changed it to another code and life was good. That out of the way, I moved to how to trigger them.

Now assuming that you can address the cams and they work, the way to use the motions is just to turn on the program the motion detector to send the On code for the cam that would be in range of the motion that got triggered. So if if the EagleEye that "sees" motion for Cam1 on then I setthat EagelEye to Send a C1 On and set the delay for 8 minutes (how to do this is in the instructions for the motion detector.

Otherwise there are any number of ways to trigger them through AHP, set it to scan all your cams and it will cycle thrgough them C1, C2, C3... or what ever codes you picked. In AHP you can simple set a Cam On/Off control that you click on, and of course you can use and X-10 remote that sends RF X10 On/Off commands (except the security remote) to turn them on and off. I also control my Video Commander this way, that is why I have the 8 minute delay, the commander will direct your recorder to record for 5 minutes (no more, no less) when trigggered. I picked 8 miniutes for the Motion Off delay time because the options are 1, 2, 4, 8, 16,... minutes, so 8 works well since if it is triggered again after the first 5 minutes the cam is still powered up.

Hope this helps.

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 09:52:20 AM »

Logan4381, did you ever get this resolved?  If so can you post back here to let us know?  If not resolved, here are some things to check.

make sure all the cameras are set to the same frequency letter. (a, b, c or d) the micro switch on the cameras are under a rubber plug on the front of the camera.

make sure the video receiver is set to the same frequency as the cameras. switch for the receiver is on the underside of the receiver.

if your using the tm751 then make sure it is set to the "housecode" not frequency code of your cameras. (housecode and frequency code are NOT the  same)

if still no switching then try to move the tm751 to an closer outlet to the cameras (preferably to same phase)
if it works after moving then you have a phase problem, already discussed in this thread.

If the tm751 is clicking, than it probably is working.  One other thing about the tm751 is that it takes on the "unit code" of 1 of what ever house code your using. (example: tm751 is set to housecode "c" tm751 is automatically now "c1".  How this affects your camera c1 i have no idea since i don't use the tm751.  I just wanted to let you know just in case.  But please post back and let us know.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.