Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. macros calling time weather etc.  (Read 9256 times)

Elfmaze

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have AHP setup to call a wake up message, followed by the time,  weather and finally it opens internet radio.

Everything appeared to be working so i went for a full length run.  This time the light triggers worked but the PCC commands didn't fire correctly. 

Repeating the run I found sometimes the first time thru the Macro the .exe PCC files will get called,  The black boxes will come up and four different instances will open at the same time but none accually speak.

The proper times,  the macro will work thru them running one at a time.  and there are never more than one PCC icon on my quick launch bar.

Elfmaze

dang now none of my speech stuff worked this morning.

Elfmaze

turns out they just need a huge delay on the first thing pcc does in the morning.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. macros calling time weather etc.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 09:27:43 AM »

Wow Can't believe I missed this post until now! :-[
Sorry Elfmaze and anyone else who has similar issues.
As you have noticed PCC is limited to the number of instances of it's self that can run at the same time.
This was added to prevent multi voice transmissions and triggers from getting scrambled.
Options like weather take a while to process depending on your internet connection speed.
Finding what takes the longest to process and having it the last batch file to be triggered will help as well as setting up a delay which you have discovered.
Also the AHP windows command issue must be addressed for fail safe macro execution.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.