Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Window sensors magnet with built in Glass Break detectors  (Read 6976 times)

mienhmario

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Window sensors magnet with built in Glass Break detectors
« on: April 17, 2009, 03:26:29 AM »

I saw alot of products that have window sensor magnet with built in Glass Break detectors like from Intellisense FG 708, FG 1008, 1508, etc... Would those work with in place of our X10 window sensor magnets?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Window sensors magnet with built in Glass Break detectors
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 04:12:24 PM »

I saw alot of products that have window sensor magnet with built in Glass Break detectors like from Intellisense FG 708, FG 1008, 1508,

Do you have a link?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 09:25:29 PM »

I saw alot of products that have window sensor magnet with built in Glass Break detectors like from Intellisense FG 708, FG 1008, 1508, etc... Would those work with in place of our X10 window sensor magnets?

Yes, but they need their own power (12V) which the X10 Alarm Transmitter will not supply.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

mienhmario

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 07:46:27 PM »

Oh, i see. That is kind of a hassle. I just bought a GE 5415A-M and hope that will work with my window sensor in placed of the magnets. What is your thoughts?

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 07:25:48 PM »

Oh, i see. That is kind of a hassle. I just bought a GE 5415A-M and hope that will work with my window sensor in placed of the magnets. What is your thoughts?
It will work.

mienhmario

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 02:36:30 AM »

thanks, i just hope this can detect both windows since my windows are dual pane windows. I will install it once i get it and will give you the reviews of how that went. Kind of pricy for just one. I hope the company give me a good quote on alot of them for my whole home. Stay tune!

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 02:29:45 PM »

Yeah, I guess I should qualify my answer: The GE unit will interface with the X10 system. Interesting question about the dual pane windows. I don't know how the glass breakage detection works other than it is sensitive to the sharp, sounds of glass fracturing. One would think they would still work through the remaining pane of glass. Maybe call GE?

mienhmario

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 03:54:20 AM »

I read their installation manual and it says it will work with a dual pane window. The part i'm trying to figure out is the operational voltage it says in the manual. It listed as 9-12v, but then says the battery is included. I hope this does not require an external power source.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 11:50:37 AM »

I read their installation manual and it says it will work with a dual pane window. The part i'm trying to figure out is the operational voltage it says in the manual. It listed as 9-12v, but then says the battery is included. I hope this does not require an external power source.
No it appears (from web information) to use a lithium battery, and it probably does not use much current to begin with. At some point you will have to replace the battery but I bet it is good for at least a year+, but you still might want to call GE to confirm..

mienhmario

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 01:19:58 PM »

I just received my glass break sensor 5415A. I dont know how to wire this to my x10 sensor(DS10A). Here is a .pdf to the inside of the glass break sensor. I need your help.

Alan V

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 03:24:56 PM »

I just received my glass break sensor 5415A. I dont know how to wire this to my x10 sensor(DS10A). Here is a .pdf to the inside of the glass break sensor. I need your help.

Try removing the reed switch from your DS10A.  Then connect the wires from the DS10A to the Alarm Loop terminals on the glass breakage sensor.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.