Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP/iWatchout - Recording Problems  (Read 19045 times)

tallelf78

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP/iWatchout - Recording Problems
« on: April 22, 2009, 11:01:25 AM »

I have a few macros set up to record auto stills every 5 seconds when motion is detected on a corresponding sensor.

Sometimes the macro triggers, sometimes it doesn't...but it never actually records the stills to disc, however if i add an "Email Still" command i will receive an actual image

I have tried using the default "C:\My Images" folder as well as changing to a custom folder "C:\X10 Security"

Any ideas? Anyone have a sample macro that works so I can see if my setup is faulty?

Thanks!

astrothug

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: AHP/iWatchout - Recording Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 11:23:25 AM »

I had the same problems, software is very buggy my suggestion is try other 3 party software, the reason I went that route was time, I don't have a lot of time to figure out what could be the problem, I will spend a few hrs trying and a few hrs on the forum, and then have what I think the solution is fail after a few times it works.

For me I have the 1 USB Video Capture Adapter (VA12A) which email me stills, then I have a usb DVR http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11127

hooked up to a second 2.4 ghz receiver that records everything.

tallelf78

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 03:11:59 PM »

thanks for the suggestion...if i can't get this working I may try that but at this point i will probably just return all the x10 hardware.

i don't mind (actually enjoy) the massaging and tweaking but this is a little ridiculous!

anyone have the auto stills recording working w/ motion sensors and macros?

mainman134

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 07:29:35 PM »

I have the ahp suite and when my motion sensor sends the command to record, nothing happens, but when i click on the macro on the pc, it records and  does fine. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM ??? HELP!

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 09:49:05 AM »

To the OP:  Have you looked in the activity monitor to see that the cm15 is actually receiving the motion sensor RF? Are the cameras mounted on some kind of metal or do they have metal in the line of site with the cm15?

It sounds like your not receiving RF from the motion sensor all of the time.  How far are the cameras from the cm15?

There are some mods for the cm15 antenna but be aware it will void your warranty.  The cm15 is known for its poor range.

If you don't want to do any modding you could try a v572 receiver.  I bought one and never looked back.  It made a huge difference.  I can pick up a motion sensor at least 200 ft and more.  Here's the link.  http://www.wgldesigns.com/v572.html 

If you use a lot of motion sensors I would highly suggest this.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

fromnaija

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 11:49:30 AM »

hawk1,

How do you use this with AHP? Does the V572 integrate with AHP? Or has someone tried the W800 http://www.wgldesigns.com/w800.html
and does it integrate with AHP? Could this be a possible complement to the CM15A?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 12:02:38 PM by fromnaija »

fromnaija

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 12:07:26 PM »

hawk1,

How do you use this with AHP? Does the V572 integrate with AHP? Or has someone tried the W800 http://www.wgldesigns.com/w800.html
and does it integrate with AHP? Could this be a possible complement to the CM15A?

To answer my own questions I found this http://www.wgldesigns.com/w800_vs_v572.html
So, the W800 should play well with CM15 if it played with CM11, right?

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 12:17:22 PM »

I use the v572 to receive all of my rf.  I set the cm15 to transceive none.  Then when the v572 receives rf it puts the signal on the powerline.  It will run all of your macros too.  I couldn't tell you about the w800 as I don't own one.

I do know if your having rf problems with range that the v572 will surprise you!  But be aware that if your problem is noise on the powerlines it won't help with that.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

fromnaija

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 12:46:43 PM »

I just ordered the W800 and will report to this thread after I play with it. I have resolved all problems with noise by using the FilterLinc 10-Amp Plug-In Noise Filter from SmartHome.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 12:48:36 PM by fromnaija »

fromnaija

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 07:19:05 PM »

I tried the W800 and got a good range but unfortunately it does not work with AHP.  I am keeping for just in case they begin to support AHP in future or if I could devote enough time to write my own software for it.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.