Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A AHP 3.236 Timer Problem  (Read 4906 times)

Montlaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A AHP 3.236 Timer Problem
« on: May 14, 2009, 01:10:25 AM »

I created a basic timer on a WS12A wall switch to turn on and off outside lighting at dust and dawn. Following one of the fellow members' advice (I believe it's boiler), I made sure that Issue 'On' in place of 'Bright 100%' was checked for Macro Options. Also, '2 Way Lamp Moduel (LM14A)' was used to identify the WS12A switch. However, the CM15A/3.236 is still issuing "Bright 100%" command which results in failing to turn on the light. The "Off" part is actually working fine. Appreciate work around recommendations for this problem.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: CM15A AHP 3.236 Timer Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 06:31:21 PM »

3.236 is a BUGGY RELEASE.  Go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/  and get AHP Version 3.204.  Install that over 3.236.  When it is installed, open AHP and update that to 3.228.  Timers and macros should work properly.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

trol1374

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 07:54:26 PM »

Try changing the module in AHP to a PRO non dim switch module.  I had the same problem with timers being buggy and not always turning on the lights.  Once I changed it to the pro module in AHP, it works flawlessly.

Boiler

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 08:17:54 AM »

Montlaker,

As Dan indicated, V3.236 had many problems.  One of these problems was that it stubbornly refused to use the LM14a interface for address "A1".  It would instead use the standard X10 protocol and issue the 100% on commands as you have described.

I have also had problems with AHP not recognizing changes to macro's.  As an example, if I were to change a module from a WS467 to a LM14a within a room, AHP may not update the interface within the associated macros.  You can get around this by editing the macro and re-saving to the interface.  Always check the log file to make sure the macro is issuing the proper commands (as you have done in your post).

If you do "downgrade" to a previous version of AHP (I would highly recommend this), you may need to edit your macros and re-save them to force AHP to use the downgraded commands.  If you simply downgrade AHP and save to the interface, I do not believe the macros will be rebuilt.

Have fun,
Boiler

Montlaker

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 01:28:51 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions! I used the "Trial and Error" approach and figured out a solution for my situation. I am sharing it here:

1. Rolling back to 3.204 and upgrading incrementally to 3.228 combined with the recompiling of timer did not resolve the issue (The LM14A was used in this case).

2. When XPS3 for Pro Wall Switch Applicance Module was used in Case 1 to identify the WS12A wall dimmer switch, it actually worked (For V3.228).

3. Using XPS3 for Pro Wall Switch Applicance Module in V3.236 also worked as well.

There are other solutions for sure. This works for my timer for now.

Boiler

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 08:48:14 AM »

Montlaker,

Since you are using simple On/Off commands in your timer you have an additional item to be aware of - Resume Dim.  In response to an ON command, your WS12a will go to the last commanded bright level.

If someone changes the switch level locally, to say 1%, that will be your new ON level.

Simply something to be aware of the next time things aren't responding correctly (sorry, there most likely will be a next time).

Boiler

Montlaker

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 12:37:04 PM »

Yes. I noticed that problem. Once I am able to capture the ON trigger, I can use the macro to brighten it as a workaround.

I stumbled into this X10 automation thing by a drive on home theater automation. It gave me eye-opening first impression of what it can do (Even through I heard the name before). However, the reliability of the circuit network for the type of signal, the devices, and the software to run these things really caught me off guard. Wondering if INSTEON is doing better in this field or this is the nature of the home automation industry (e.g. the lockup of the LogiTech universal remotes).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.