Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Retrieving Data from CM15A  (Read 2826 times)

JohnA

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Retrieving Data from CM15A
« on: May 12, 2009, 04:11:01 PM »

Recently my Active Home began showing up as Active Home Backup, I called X10 and they were completely puzzled as to why. The program was a little buggy so they said to uninstall the program and reinstall. I asked if there was a way to backup the program so I wouldn't have to rewrite everything, they said no. My CM15 was plugged in downstairs and not plugged in to the Computer because they signal seems to get through better down there. Now I am left with a blank program on the computer yet my interface is filled with all my past data, which is current. Is there a way to get this data back onto my PC from the interface? Why is there no way to back up the data, and if there is why would X10 say there isn't? I can't remember all of the macros and would hate to have to redo everything when the interface is working great.  Calling all planets of the solar federation!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Retrieving Data from CM15A
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 05:40:19 PM »

There is no way to get any info from the CM15A.   :(
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

ciaccia

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 10:57:39 PM »

No retrieving of information is possible of what I know but you can save all your info after you make it in active home pro.  Just make sure you save it to a file and if you have to reinstall or files ae lost you just have to open your file again from it's location and wala.  This happened to me once.  But never again

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 05:19:33 PM »

Backing up the .ahx files you create is JOB ONE the next time you modify a file.  Close AHP, then go into Windows Explorer (or other file manager), find the Active Home folder under Program Files and back any .ahx file you made (there are two .ahx files that AHP creates when you install it, they have 2004 file dates and can be ignored for a backup) and back them up to a different hard disk or portable media.  I back mine (I have 13 custom .ahx files) up to a Backup folder on a second hard drive and to a USB Flash drive.  Those have saved my bacon at least once.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.