Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Using ms14a with macros  (Read 7977 times)

ciaccia

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Using ms14a with macros
« on: May 23, 2009, 06:30:08 PM »

I Installed a MS14A in my bathroom for the light over my toliet so at night we can just walk in and the light turns on at 25% and shuts off in 2min.  I used conditions such as if it is between 8:00pm and 5:00am and when i put this in nothing happens and the time was 9:00p.m. when i tried this.  I want the motion to work between the hours of 8:00pm and 5:00am but any other time I don't want any lights to turn on.  My

Macro is as follows

Trigger Conditions A14 On and its between 8:00pm and 5:00am
END Trigger Conditions
Turn A16 On and dim to 25%
Wait 2 Minutes
Turn A16 Off

It does'nt work,  I even put in the conditions instead of between time x and y I put if its asfter 8:00pm and if its before 5:00am and that didn't work but if my condition just says A14 On and its after 8:00pm it works perfect but I haven't tested past 12:00am to see if it still works because is it still after 8:00p.m.? or before???? because right now it doesn't work which is correct and i'm assuming once 8:00pm roll in it will work but still not sure after 12:00am.

Please let me know if you have any ideas  otherwise this system i put in is working pretty good so far

Ricky

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Using ms14a with macros
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 07:08:26 PM »

...I haven't tested past 12:00am to see if it still works because is it still after 8:00p.m....
Well sort of and no. It's been a while since I set up a condition spanning the midnight hour but I believe AHP has a limitation that all between conditions are tested for a single day and a day is defined as 00:01 to 23:59 with midnight on the start or end the day. (Not sure which.) I believe I had to solve the problem by testing for two conditions with an "or".
i.e. "8pm to midnight" or "midnight to 5am". (I also believe one of those midnights needs to be 23:59.) I might of just used "after 8pm" or "before 5am".

Search the the forum as this topic has been addressed at least once before.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 07:13:22 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 08:37:37 PM »

I have a limitation that says that if it is not between the hours of 5:00 pm and 10:00 pm do not do something and afaik, it works. And that is a thru midnight macro.

Does the light come on at all consistently without a macro? Your macro looks right and it may be a different issue such as noise.  I suggest you set your lamp controller or whatever to the MS14a address and see if regardless of the time of day that it works all the time every time. Then use your macro, simply at first, without conditions and sneak up on your desired end result.

It should be working.

:Ron
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:39:22 PM by bitman »
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

ciaccia

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 10:44:47 PM »

Well the macro works perfect if i just tell it the condition of after 8:00pm but if i put it between the hours of 8:00pm and 5:00am i don't get anything so I don't think noise is the issue here.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 11:04:40 PM »

...if i put it between the hours of 8:00pm and 5:00am i don't get anything...
Ironically I believe setting that condition actually has an effect opposite from what is expected or desired.
i.e. I bet it is true between 5am and 8pm.

Have you tried my suggestion in my previous response?
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

ciaccia

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 10:59:28 AM »

Yes i did the "or" and it seems to work but i haven't tried it past midnight yet just too tired to stay up but I will try it soon but it has been working past 8:p.m. and not during the day so far so good but i will try it out past midnight.

ciaccia

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 07:25:44 PM »

Ok using the or method works perfectly In my macro I have if this is true = after 8:00p.m. or before 5:00am and th emacro works flawless Thank you very much.  You would think they would be ab;le to fix all these stupid bugs very easily in their software.  I just don't get X10 other companys have far more superior software with the same concept.  I would pay a few extra dollars to get rid of some of these headaches.  Thanks Again Everyone

Ricky

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.