Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Setting up 3 Power Horns  (Read 9210 times)

johng

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Setting up 3 Power Horns
« on: May 31, 2009, 01:07:11 AM »

I just purchased the Powerhouse console with 12 door/window sensors and 3 Powerhorns. I have kept the 12 sensors on House setting A and Unit setting 1. The directions are awful and I can't seem to get the 3 horns to work. I have a PSR01 remote and neither the remote or main console have an on/off switch that is referenced in the directions.

Should I keep each horn on House setting A and then use Unit setting 13, or should I use 13, 14, 15? I tried to set the horns on unit settings 2, 3, 4 and all 2's and they did not work.

Also can someone tell me what the heck the SPR01 good for? How do you program the buttons 1-4?

Thanks,

John

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Setting up 3 Power Horns
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 09:07:28 AM »

PSR01 is part of the X10Pro series.

Can you give us the systems model number and are the Powerhorns the PSH01 or PSH02?

The Powerhorn is not turned on by a single O command to its address, but a series of All Lights On;All Lights Off [All Units Off also works] or a series of On; Off commands to the address it is set to. So you may want to try the Security Light Address.
I will see if I can find more details on the remote and edit as I find data.

Try a series of All Lights On All; Lights Off from the Security Keychain Remote. Should be about one second apart. After three to four cycles. They should start making noise. They will continue as long as the cycles continue, and then time out in about four seconds after the cycles stop.

Maybe the X10 Instructions may help you.

ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/sh624-is.pdf

Looks like the buttons are Units one through four. Using the House Code on the dial. So if you set the PowerHorns to A1 Try alternating On and Off buttons on your remote. Again one second intervals and takes maybe four or more cycles to start them.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 09:56:41 AM by Brian H »

johng

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 11:22:50 AM »

The main console is Powerhorse PS561 and the powerhorns are PH508 Again this morning I dropped the remote so I couldn't disarm the unit so I let it go off (even unplugged it) and the power horns were all set to House code A, Unit code 13, and nothing happened with them...

The remote Model number is PSR01

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 11:45:56 AM by johng »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 12:25:24 PM »

Your first post indicated the House Code was A and the Unit Code was 1. Try A1 for the PowerHorns tests. Also in the alarm mode the address only has to match the House Code. Maybe you have a power line signal problem. Try [hearing cautions here] one in the same outlet as the console is connected to. If it then works but not where it was originally. You may have a signal problem.
In a Panic Alarm or a Security Alarm. The Powerhorn is triggered by the All Light On and All Lights Off command. So the address is not too important as long as the House Code is correct. For testing with an On Off cycle. Then the House Code and Unit Code have to match the settings on the Powerhorns Dials.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 12:53:38 PM by Brian H »

johng

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 12:52:30 PM »

thanks Brian;

the manual says for both lamps and horns to keep the house code the same and then use an unused unit code for the horns or lamps. If I have the main panal set to A1 with 12 sensors and 2 remote key chains...does this mean I have to go to unit number 13 or 15 to find an unused unit number? the manual say the lamps should be on unit numbers 2-4...

Also should all 3 horns be on the same unit code? the manual says NOT to use the same unit code as set on the console

johng

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 09:26:50 PM »

I got all 3 sirens working now. They are on House A Unit 2 and they are working so far.... I still don't understand the directions with regards to on/off on this unit of mine since there is no on/off...

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 06:44:02 AM »

The Security Devices do not use a Unit Code and you don't have to count them as standard X10 modules.
The reason you pick an unused Unit Code is that the code the console is set to flashes any light on that code. If the Powerhorns where set to the same code they would also go off. The panic mode sends an All Units On and All Units Off code to the House Code the console is set to. This will trigger the Powerhorn's and flash any light modules on that House Code.
That said if you have any of the new Soft Start Lamp Modules. They ramp up and sown and may not flash.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.