Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Remote Viewing issues with IE 8  (Read 7362 times)

p5_2002

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Remote Viewing issues with IE 8
« on: May 27, 2009, 08:13:31 PM »

I currently am running IE8.  After installing the activex as required to get the remote http:\\gate.x10.com working, I can see the top left portion of the camera view and can right click on the area and select connect.  Once I do that I get an error stating:  "IE has encountered a problem and needs to close.  The error signature is:
AppName: iexplore.exe    AppVer: 8.0.6001.18702    ModName: msvcr71.dll
ModVer: 7.10.3052.4    Offset: 00002849

The following file is being included in the error report:

C:\DOCUME~1\KPATER~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\c510_appcompat.txt

I have emailed support and have been advised that due to a large number of support calls, it will take some time to look at this with other members of the team and development.

Does anyone have any recommendations to correct this issue as I believe it will just fizzle out with support.  I bought this product with an expectation and I expect it to work.  I have read the other forms suggesting Remote programs to log through, but I have already purchased that and am not willing to let this drop until resolved.

I have tried using Firefox with the IE plug in with the same crashing issue.

Thanks

schmuttis

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Remote Viewing issues with IE 8
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 03:47:38 PM »

In IE internet options, turn the security and privacy to low and then restart the X10 connection. If you can then view the cameras, reset your security and privacy higher.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.