Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Very Pleased with new X10 system  (Read 5857 times)

pm

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Very Pleased with new X10 system
« on: June 13, 2009, 10:30:45 AM »

Ordered the new X10 system with 12 door/window sensors, 2 motion detectors, 2 lamp switches and an extra siren.  Arrived in 1 week in good shape.  Installation was simple and quick.  Only glitch was that the Security Remote would not communicate with the console when set in instant mode - on the last page of the manual I learned that the Remote would only work in delay mode.  No big deal, just took a little time to find the solution.  All of the equipment worked on the first try.  Total time for installation was about 2 1/2 hours, as I had to trim some woodwork to fit the sensors.

I was a bit concerned when researching the different products and manufacturers, finding the X10's cost was a small fraction of competing systems.  Also, there were a few very negative postings.

From my viewpoint the X10 is a superb value.  The only question now is reliability, which time will tell.

Two thumbs up.

PM

kdfederer

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Very Pleased with new X10 system
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 01:51:25 PM »

I too am a newbie. Just installed a new X10 system.
I had 2 bad door/window sensors, but they were replaced quickly.
I have my dialer hooked to an XLink BT and cellphone so alarm dials by cellphone. (I don't have a landline)
Setup was a piece of cake and so far has worked flawlessly.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Very Pleased with new X10 system
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 04:36:38 PM »

I have my dialer hooked to an XLink BT and cellphone so alarm dials by cellphone. (I don't have a landline)

I think the device/concept of connecting the DS7000 via BT to a cell phone is BRILLANT
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.