Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Smarthome Lamp Linc Question  (Read 12765 times)

Kramer Chins

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
    • Kramer Chins
Smarthome Lamp Linc Question
« on: June 09, 2009, 05:40:13 PM »

I have some Smarthome Lam Linc Model 2000SHL lamp modules...

How do I program them to work with X10?

They only have a "SET" button on the side and a little LED below it.
Registered Members of MCBA... WWW.KRAMERCHINS.COM

Trying to learn X10 Day by Day...........

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Smarthome Lamp Linc Question
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 05:57:48 PM »

I checked Smarthome and  they are NOT x10 compatible.  Good candidates for your trash can.   B:(
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 06:02:03 PM by Dan Lawrence »
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Smarthome Lamp Linc Question
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 06:35:03 PM »

The 2000SHL is an X10 only module. Problem maybe a search of the Smarthome site steers you to their Insteon Products as the older ones are no longer made.

Kramer;
To set the primary address hold the set button for five seconds. The LED will flash and the load go to 100% On. Then using an X10 controller send the Address you want it to be set to. The lamp will blink it saw the address. Then an On will set the Local control on or an off will turn off local control. When both the address and on or off is received. The Load will blink and the LED will be on. Indicating it is set. I believe most X10 controllers send both the address and on or off with one button. That if memory serves me worked fine.

To set the Ramp Rate on how fast it goes on and off. Using the bright and dim controls on an X10 controller set the brightness. The brighter it is the faster it ramps up and down. Experimenting maybe needed. Tap the set button twice. That set the ramp rate.

To set the on level if you do not want it to go to 100%. Adjust to the brightness you desire and then tap the set button once.

To Factory Reset to all defaults. Unplug the module. Wait at least 10 seconds. While holding the set button. Plug it back in while holding the set
on for at least three seconds. When the LED lights the reset is done; after releasing the button.

I still have one and can get more data from the manual if you need it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 06:52:59 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.