Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What to use ....  (Read 5056 times)

c0b4lt

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
What to use ....
« on: June 12, 2009, 11:06:18 PM »

Okay I'm having a bit of difficulty figuring this out. I currently have MS16A's and PR511's as my main method of detecting motion. At the moment if the MS16A's detect motion the PR511's all turn on as well as my XPS3's and SC546A's. But if the PR511's detect motion the only thing that gets turned on/off is the particular one that that detected the motion. I noticed from reading the instructions again that the PR511's only send out the Unit Code + the IN numbers that are selected by the switches on the PR511.

Okay so that's fine and all I can change everything from unit code 1 to unit code 2 the problem then is the MS16A's no longer activate the lights on the PR511's.

So my question is what can I add to my system or what changes can I make to the current system to do the Following

• MS16A's Activate EVERYTHING at Night(pr511's, XPS3's and SC546A's)
  • PR511's Activate EVERYTHING at Night(XPS3's and SC546A's)
  • one(1) additional MS16A Activates ONLY the SC546A's day or night

I'll settle for the first two(2) in the list but would like to accomplish all three(3) tasks. I mostly get this functionality now just as I've said if the PR511's detect any motion all they do is turn their own lights on and nothing else which isn't exactly ideal. Since that means I'd have to hope one of the MS16A's picked up motion too to set off the rest.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: What to use ....
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 11:11:29 PM »

all of this can be done with AHP and the CM15A interface
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

c0b4lt

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 11:16:49 PM »

so if i understand activehomepro.com this requires a PC running software to do what I want? Is there anyway to get this functionality without the need for a PC?

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 10:08:59 AM »

You can program a macro into the cm15a that turns the desired light on upon receiving the proper codes, download it to the unit, and disconnect it from the PC.

The only macros that require the PC to be running are those which use security devices, and ones that send email, record video and the like.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »

....... Is there anyway to get this functionality without the need for a PC?

You can program a macro into the cm15a....... download it to the unit, and disconnect it from the PC.

Knightrider (of course) is correct!! The CM15A even has its own batteries... so it doesn't need to be placed near a PC. But unless your thinking of a remote cabin setup (or something similar) the addition of an old dust collector of a PC can make a big difference. I use an old [once destined for landfill] P3 running 24/7 to create a very futuristic Home Automation setup. I even have Voice Command.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

spam4us

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 12:11:21 AM »

I have a pr511 set up on A16 so that it will put out an A1 (it wraps around back to 1, 2, 3, 4 when set to 16.) I have just the pr511 motion sensor wired & not the floodlight part.  Cap off the wires going to the light.  For the floodlight, I have it wired to a ws467 set to A1(but your XPS3 will work the same).  HAve both the pr511 and the MS16A only sense motion at night.

I have the ms16A setup for A1
I have the SC546A set to A1

The PR511 senses motion & sends out an A1 (or 2, ,3, 4) ON.  In this case the ws467 for the floodlight will turn on and the SC546A will chime.

The MS16A senses motion & does the same as the PR511.

The only problem you will have will be the off command.  The PR511 and the MS16A will send the off at different times based upon when they were tripped and the duration you set them to.

You would need anothe MS16A and SC546 both set to a different unit code for the daytime chime.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 06:20:44 AM »

You could set the motion detectors (both the floodlight and the "eye" unit) on code "M".  Then program macros into the CM15A that see the "M" codes and translate them to the desired "A" codes. 

By using "Smart Macros™" the "A" codes could differ by time of day, i.e. daytime or nighttime.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 10:12:58 AM »

Of course... the real solution in [most] cases like this, is the Levition X10-floods. The Levitions cost more than the X10 brand. But the Levitions have the additional feature of turning all other floodlights ON when any one is triggered.

The Levition brand of X10 enabled devices are top notch (or is that top shelf). But the cost causes most to rethink the purchase. I've stayed with the X10 brand myself.

And I actually prefer NOT to have all my floodlights to come on when the home is approached.

I use a LOT of exterior lighting. I prefer to know which light was triggered... or should I say triggered first. As the closer someone gets to the home.. the more lights come on. I use BVC (Bill's Voice Commander) to announce which device was triggered (and what X10 device has been turned ON). I even use BVC to make an outside warning announcement. I have a YouTube Video that demos the detection system.

But something similar.... could be created using the "smartdog" DIY Robodog .... and a PC could be avoided altogether.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:02:38 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.