Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: CM15A stops working (repeatedly)  (Read 27217 times)

zemos

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A stops working (repeatedly)
« on: June 16, 2009, 08:11:53 AM »

I have a macro that controls many lights, with two house codes.  The CM15A will work fine for a day or so, and then stop working.  I exchanged for another unit and same problem.  I have done the battery "ritual" a few times, but still the unit just stops working.  I also get the problem that the compute B:(r sometimes does not "recognize" the CM15A (regardless of changing cord and USB port) while still being able to control lights from the computer. I have invested a lot of sweat equity in this and am frustrated that the thing stops working.  Any help would be appreciated (or if there is a good resource person in the Wash DC area who could help).

zemos

Re: CM15A stops working (repeatedly)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 08:19:07 AM »

Here is my AHX file in case that helps in reviewing the problem.  Maybe it is sending out a signal that is bombing out the CM15A

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 12:22:11 PM »

Can you tell us what operating system you have? XP; Vista?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 06:55:01 PM »

Here is my AHX file in case that helps in reviewing the problem.  Maybe it is sending out a signal that is bombing out the CM15A

It's very confusing. I did download it and opened it in Notepad, but it's just pages of gibberish.  Only AHP can decipher .ahx files properly with the modules and macros in Room order.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 07:16:53 PM »

Is the USB host controller driver (see device manager) up to date?
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

zemos

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 08:53:59 AM »

I am on XP.  When I tried to upload the AHX file I was informed that only .txt files could be uploaded, so I saved the doc in Notepad and then uploaded the resulting file.  Sorry if it came through as gibberish.  I am not sure if the host USB driver is current.  I went to control panel, system, hardware, but could not identify how to do that.   I did clear interface memory repeatedly, have done the battery ritual, downloaded again to the interface, detached USB cord, tested a macro from controller that was very near (worked fine) and then, when I come home at night, the outside lights (on Active Home timer) are not on, and that is my first indication that the interface has failed.  When I try to activate any controller in the house, interface does not respond. 

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 05:26:16 PM »

AHP does not use .txt files, only the .ahx files it creates or the two that come with AHP, MyHome.ahx and Samples.ahx.  If your AHP does not accept .ahx files, you somehow have received a bad copy of AHP or screwed it up somehow.   If that's possibly the case, go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/ and download 3.204 from it and install that over whatever version you have.  Then open it and upgrade it to 3.228.   One you have done that, open one of the default .axh files that I posted and see if any of your modules react to it.  If so, you can then add any modules and rooms your X10 system needs.   Then save the file with a new filename (AHP will add the .ahx suffix to your new name).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:28:42 PM by Dan Lawrence »

zemos

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 11:01:59 PM »

Dan, I am sorry I wasn't more clear.  When I tried to upload the AHX file onto this message board, I was told that the format that this message board would accept was limited to a txt file and that was why I tried (unsuccessfully) to convert my AHX file to a TXT file.   I did go back to version 3.204 and, when I clicked "update", was told that 3.228 was avail, and, when I clicked "update" the program exited without updated (repeatedly).

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 07:34:30 AM »

Dan, I am sorry I wasn't more clear.  When I tried to upload the AHX file onto this message board, I was told that the format that this message board would accept was limited to a txt file and that was why I tried (unsuccessfully) to convert my AHX file to a TXT file.   I did go back to version 3.204 and, when I clicked "update", was told that 3.228 was avail, and, when I clicked "update" the program exited without updated (repeatedly).

That's very strange.  I've never had a problem like that.  3.228 is the last good version of AHP issued.  I'm running 3.228 and never had a problem updating.  I'm running XP Home and any problems have been modules going bad or light bulbs deciding to burn out.  My CM15A is the one I got when I updated to AHP in 2005 and its still working fine four years later.  I do have my CM15A connected to the PC 24/7/365.

zemos

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 08:22:30 AM »

If someone has an idea on how to upgrade 3.228 (or why my computer exits AHP without updating when I click the "Update" button after being offered that opportunity), I would appreciate it.  That is one issue. The other issue I have is the major issue outlined above whereby my CM15A stops working (although my old CM11A works fine when I plug that in as an alternative).  Thank you! ???

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 11:15:04 AM »

If someone has an idea on how to upgrade 3.228 (or why my computer exits AHP without updating when I click the "Update" button after being offered that opportunity), I would appreciate it.  That is one issue. The other issue I have is the major issue outlined above whereby my CM15A stops working (although my old CM11A works fine when I plug that in as an alternative).  Thank you! ???

I suspect you have either a bad CM15A or a flawed install of AHP the first time.   Meanwhile, try uninstalling AHP totally, back up your .ahx files first - after doing the uninstall, use Windows File Manager to delete the 2 folders (Active Home Pro in Program Files and X10 in Program Files/Common Files),  then reboot the PC, when Windows loads, try reinstalling AHP 3.204 again.  Try contacting X10 and see what they might do for you if the problems continue.

zemos

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 07:17:40 AM »

Dan, it appears that you were right.  I contacted X10 and they sent me a new version of the AHP software, I installed it and the problem has been solved (which was that the CM15A had stopped working, repeatedly).  Thank you.  #:)

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 07:29:14 AM »

Glad your problem was solved.   :)%   What version did X10 send you?   

x10dude

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 06:05:36 PM »

I'd also be interested in knowing what version X10 sent. I'm using .228 and continue to have to reset my CM15a to get it to work.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 08:22:52 PM »

I'd also be interested in knowing what version X10 sent. I'm using .228 and continue to have to reset my CM15a to get it to work.

3.228 is the most stable version available.  Can you give us any more info about your X10 system and what you mean when you posted " I'm using .228 and continue to have to reset my CM15a to get it to work."  Any plug-ins to your AHP?
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.