Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Issue 'On' in place of 'Bright 100%'... doesn't  (Read 11261 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Issue 'On' in place of 'Bright 100%'... doesn't
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 06:27:43 AM »

No a LM14A was a two way Lamp Module not a wall switch. X10 says the new WS467 with Soft Start works better in AHP if it is called a LM14A. Even though an LM14A is a Lamp Module and not a wall switch.

The PLM21 was the X10Pro part number for the LM14A both had the same characteristics and both are listed as Discontinued.

Boiler

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 07:41:17 AM »

Yes, I have a SmartHome dryer-plug repeater. (A passive coupler didn't do the trick.) So you have probably nailed my issue. But I'm satisfied with having the timer call a macro. It's easy and it works.

Finally, my really old X10 brand cheapo wall switches are starting to die. They are responding to addresses other than their own and/or not responding to their own addresses. This annoys the hell out of the wife (and me). My problem is that the two worst offenders, following Murphy's law, are behind a monolithic piece of furniture which would have to be disassembled.

Hi Bob,

I think you found your culprit.  Smarthome uses an older form of the X10 standard that utilizes "Preset Dim" commands instead of the "Extended code - Direct Dim" of the current standard.  Non of the Smarthome products that I have experience with support Extended code communication.  I haven't tried their repeater, but if they're consistent...

Sorry to hear about your switch behind the furniture.  It appears that Murphy's law is evenly applied across the country.

If this switch is connected to the load, your options are few.  If it is part of a 3way circuit (non-load carrying), there could be some alternatives.

As a side note, the newer Leviton HCM06 series switches use "address capture" to store their X10 address settings in memory (no code wheels).  On the surface this sounds like an advantage, but I've had a number of units forget their programming after power outages.  You don't want to replace that switch with "new technology" only to find that you have the same problem every time a storm rolls through.

Boiler

whsbuss

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 07:45:05 AM »

No a LM14A was a two way Lamp Module not a wall switch. X10 says the new WS467 with Soft Start works better in AHP if it is called a LM14A. Even though an LM14A is a Lamp Module and not a wall switch.

The PLM21 was the X10Pro part number for the LM14A both had the same characteristics and both are listed as Discontinued.

Thanks Brian. I need some new wall switches soon and a lamp module.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 11:47:15 AM »

Okay. So on the AHP site the LM14a just comes up as the 456. So why do they have the PLM21 at $44 vs $12 for the LM456? More features?

The PLM21 WAS the X10 Pro line (http://www.x10pro.com/) equvalent of the old 2-Way LM14A. I don't think it is available anymore either.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009, 08:52:11 AM »

:)+   I seen that you have a timer to call a macro.  can you  show how that is done.  also I would like to know where i can get this coupler reapeater that repeats the extended codes  I need one and whould like the most expandable device for future expansion of my sys..    any help is  greats much thanks  the mellowman.
M M ElectricMan

Boiler

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 09:57:11 AM »

:)+   I seen that you have a timer to call a macro.  can you  show how that is done.  also I would like to know where i can get this coupler reapeater that repeats the extended codes  I need one and whould like the most expandable device for future expansion of my sys..    any help is  greats much thanks  the mellowman.

Hi Mellowmark,

If you look at one of your macro Icons you'll see a small symbol that looks like a globe (earth).  I believe it's in the lower right.  Right-click on the symbol and you'll be able to assign a timer.

There are a few repeaters that can handle the extended code protocol.  The Leviton HCA02 repeater is one of them - but I can't recommend them due to possible "firestorm" problems with the CM15a.

I believe Jeff Volp's XTB-IIR now handles extended codes.  Base on the performance I've observed with his XTBR (plug in repeater), I would highly recommend either.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 10:38:38 AM »

The XTB-IIR always handled extended codes in either the direct X10 boost or TW523 emulation modes.  There is an issue repeating extended codes because they deviate from the normal X10 format.  The CM15A and some other controllers send extended codes as a "doublet" like standard X10 commands.  It is possible to repeat that extended code format, and that capability was added in the past year.  It will not repeat the single extended codes produced by the Ocelot and some Leviton wall controllers due to the likelyhood of collisions.

The XTBR plug-in repeater isn't in production yet, but I hope to have it available in November.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 10:42:50 AM »

If you look at one of your macro Icons you'll see a small symbol that looks like a globe (earth).  I believe it's in the lower right.  Right-click on the symbol and you'll be able to assign a timer.

Just to clarify what my esteemed colleague from Indiana said,

You want the small symbol that looks like a clock to assign a timer.  Try left clicking on it.  The globe is for remote operations.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 12:10:52 PM »

Wow you guys are right there.   #:)    Not shur if i want to go for the whole xtb-iir, what about this xpcr from home automation?  What is the diff and do I really need extended code or does it have it also.  I would like a UL approved device.  I want somthing I can get familiar with as it may be something for me to resell and install for others.  Cost is an issue here MICHIGAN NOT DOING GOOD.  Otherwise  I just want my new stuff to work on its own  newbie and all.
M M ElectricMan

Boiler

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 12:40:31 PM »

Just to clarify what my esteemed colleague from Indiana said,

You want the small symbol that looks like a clock to assign a timer.  Try left clicking on it.  The globe is for remote operations.

Thank you for the clarification Sir.  That memory thing biting me in a rearward area again!

Rocket J Squirrel

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2009, 02:06:25 PM »

The XTBR plug-in repeater isn't in production yet, but I hope to have it available in November.
If this will plug into my 3-prong 240v dryer outlet, replacing the SmartHome unit, sign me up! It doesn't even have to have a pass-through socket, because I have a gas dryer.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 05:23:19 PM »

If this will plug into my 3-prong 240v dryer outlet, replacing the SmartHome unit, sign me up! It doesn't even have to have a pass-through socket, because I have a gas dryer.

No, the XTBR is an enhanced version of the plug-in XTB that includes a repeater capability.  It is intended for those people who already have a good passive coupler installed at the distribution panel.

The XTB-IIR is still the choice for those who don't already have a passive coupler, and need to drive both phases.  Several people have wired that unit to a dryer plug.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.